Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I went online to my local Autonation dealer to schedule maintenance for my Caddie. While there I looked for 2014 Stingray inventory and it listed (2), 1 was arctic white, Black int, 3LT Z51, MRC, Competition seats, Red Calipers, Carbon Flash Mirror/Spoiler, Black Wheels, Manual trans (I had ordered Auto) everything I had ordered plus MRC & Seats. Wishfully thinking I called and spoke to a salesman and he said someone had put a $2000 deposit but might not be able to get financed but they would have until tomorrow to complete purchase. I told him I wanted it! He told me to come by and sign a backup contract. We did, and they called the other people and they backed out, so I called my dealer and he said I could cancel (I had an order #, but only preliminarily accepted by factory). BAM! We bought it at sticker $68,250. This MACHINE IS SOOO AWESOME! For those of you questioning Automatic vs Manual, get the MANUAL it is so smooth. I wanna sleep in it! I CANNOT WAIT TO DRIVE, DRIVE DRIVE...Tim

Attachments

·
Registered
993 Posts
I was thinking Pink Floyd. Cool 'machine'

Reactions: Lipstic

·
Registered
504 Posts
Great story Tim, Beautiful car!

·
Registered
366 Posts
Thanks for sharing. So happy for you.

MrG 69
Soon to be the proud owner of my 3rd Vette, a CGM 7sp Z51 Coupe
** Sent from mobile using Corvette Stingray Forum **

·
Administrator
16,505 Posts
Congratulations on your beautiful Z51! Enjoy :cool:

·
Registered
3,362 Posts
Nice!

Sent from my iPhone using Corvette Stingray Forum

·
Registered
7,930 Posts
Tim, congrats on your C7 sweet ride. The person who ordered the Vette is probably kicking their self in the six for not completing the deal, their loss and your gain. Enjoy!

SF
Rick

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I could not believe it! I still can't. I "made" my wife look at forums last night to realize how LUCKY we were.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Gorgeous car! You're really going to have a great time!

·
Registered
134 Posts
Great looking ride and a great story! Congratulations!!

·
Registered
69 Posts
Very nice , I call it White Lightening

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
This is the color my wife wanted me to get but I wanted yellow so yellow it is.....

·
Registered
17 Posts
Today I went online to my local Autonation dealer to schedule maintenance for my Caddie. While there I looked for 2014 Stingray inventory and it listed (2), 1 was arctic white, Black int, 3LT Z51, MRC, Competition seats, Red Calipers, Carbon Flash Mirror/Spoiler, Black Wheels, Manual trans (I had ordered Auto) everything I had ordered plus MRC & Seats. Wishfully thinking I called and spoke to a salesman and he said someone had put a $2000 deposit but might not be able to get financed but they would have until tomorrow to complete purchase. I told him I wanted it! He told me to come by and sign a backup contract. We did, and they called the other people and they backed out, so I called my dealer and he said I could cancel (I had an order #, but only preliminarily accepted by factory). BAM! We bought it at sticker $68,250. This MACHINE IS SOOO AWESOME! For those of you questioning Automatic vs Manual, get the MANUAL it is so smooth. I wanna sleep in it! I CANNOT WAIT TO DRIVE, DRIVE DRIVE...Tim

good for you Bro Bro

1 - 16 of 16 Posts