Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 20 of 1508 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
StingrayForums.com is a friendly community dedicated to the 7th generation Corvette Stingray.

Our goal is to be the go to place for everything Corvette related.

To keep the place friendly, we ask that every new member post up an introduction thread letting us know a little bit about themselves, their current (and future) vehicles, toys etc.

Please help us keep this site friendly and informative! Thanks in advance. :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi! I am new to the forum but not new to Corvettes or Stingrays! Our 1st Vette was a 63 split window coupe, followed by a 66 Vert, 67 coupe, 69 coupe, 71 coupe, 78 Coupe, 79 Coupe, 2001 coupe, 2003 AE vert, and currently a 2003 AE coupe. We are a "Corvette" family. Our daughter has a 2003 AE Vert (her 3rd Vette) and our son has a 2013 Gran Sport (his 3rd Vette also). I have been hinting that a 2014 C7 Cyber Gray Coupe would be nice, but I believe my hints are falling on deaf ears at the moment!:) My husband loves the 2003 AE Coupe as he would have loved a 3rd child, so I don't think there is much chance he will separate from his '03. So my work begins to convince him we should buy another car we cannot drive in the winter here in Wisconsin::rolleyes:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi, my name is Tony. I'm currently a Corvette guy living in a Camaro body.
A few years ago I got sick with "Lyme's Disease" and was too weak to drive my Z06 Corvette so now I drive an automatic 2012 SS Camaro. I plan on getting the C 7 Sting Ray Corvette if my recovery progresses.

View attachment 44

View attachment 45

·
Premium Member
116 Posts
Tony first off good luck with the recovery. Take care of your body and eat well! Secondly, that Camaro is bad arse :) Welcome aboard and enjoy the site

·
Registered
10 Posts
New to Forum but have had 3 Vettes and 2 Camaros

96,01 and o6 Vettes

95 and 2000 Twin Turbo SS Camaro

Did a Google search for more info on C7 and came upon this site.

Glad to be here

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi Kids! I drive a 2008 Crystal Red Coupe...Z51 and dual mode exhaust...Bought my first Corvette in 1966. It was a 1959 with removable hard top...paid ...are you ready...$600.00 for it...yes I should have thrown a blanket over it! Anyway, I live in Phoenix and work in Los Angeles. I have been mixing sound for television shows since the late '60s. I've always been a car guy for as long as I can remember. I'm a PADI certified diver, love snow skiing and a lifetime NRA and Front Sight Firearms Training member. I am also a member of the ACE (Arizona Corvette Enthusiasts) Corvette Club.

Look forward to hearing you all talk me into the C-7 :) I have to admit the Camaro style rear end is growing on me.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Welcome to the forum Tony! That Camaro looks bad a$$! Are you going to stick with black for the C7?

Hi, my name is Tony. I'm currently a Corvette guy living in a Camaro body.
A few years ago I got sick with "Lyme's Disease" and was too weak to drive my Z06 Corvette so now I drive an automatic 2012 SS Camaro. I plan on getting the C 7 Sting Ray Corvette if my recovery progresses.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Welcome aboard Pat!

Hi Kids! I drive a 2008 Crystal Red Coupe...Z51 and dual mode exhaust...Bought my first Corvette in 1966. It was a 1959 with removable hard top...paid ...are you ready...$600.00 for it...yes I should have thrown a blanket over it! Anyway, I live in Phoenix and work in Los Angeles. I have been mixing sound for television shows since the late '60s. I've always been a car guy for as long as I can remember. I'm a PADI certified diver, love snow skiing and a lifetime NRA and Front Sight Firearms Training member. I am also a member of the ACE (Arizona Corvette Enthusiasts) Corvette Club.

Look forward to hearing you all talk me into the C-7 :) I have to admit the Camaro style rear end is growing on me.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Welcome Fred! Glad you found us - we are a fairly new forum but growing a little bit everyday.

New to Forum but have had 3 Vettes and 2 Camaros

96,01 and o6 Vettes

95 and 2000 Twin Turbo SS Camaro

Did a Google search for more info on C7 and came upon this site.

Glad to be here

·
Registered
9 Posts
As much as I like black, I think the torch red looks awesome. I do like the "pearl white" color suggestion too.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi! My Name is Chuck and I am just an young guy in an old man's body! I'm 76 years old and have been playing with cars since the mid-fifties. I have owned four new Corvettes. A 1959 Convertible, a 1963 Convertible, a 1964 Coupe, and a 1998 Coupe. I have been involved in a lot of SCCA Solo competition and have won 5 National Championships in the Club Division 4 of them in a Fiat X 1/9 in different preparation Classes and the last one of which I am most proud, was in 2004 at age 67, I drove my friend's A Modified car to a National Championship! I also competed in the Pro Solo Division and won 2 Class Championships and the overall Series Championship in 1990. I watched the unveiling of the C7 at the Detroit Auto Show and was so excited that I went down to my local dealer and put down a deposit for one. I am number 3 on the list, so I am going to have depend on sites like this to keep me informed until I get my fix! I have no idea how many cars I have owned, but when something this exciting is introduced, I can not resist the urge to have one!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi, My name is Naazim I'm new to Corvettes but not to Camaros. Ordered my 2010 Aqua Blue Metallic 2LT/RS Camaro in September of 2009 and took delivery of it in November of 2009. It was my first car that I paid for through hard work and sadly a year later in November of 2010 I was left with no choice but to sell it. My grandma moved in with us and my Camaro became a garage queen where it just sat there collecting dust. I sold it to get something more practical since my grandma is in her 70's and I needed something that would be easy for her to get in and out of and thus bought a 2010 Lexus RX350 with the help of my parents. The Lex is still my current ride, and now that my grandma lives with her other son for the most part, I can now get me another coupe. I really like the way the C7 looks and would love to own one. I should be out of college just in time for the release and hopefully have enough saved up to get me one with a decent down payment. Can't wait to get to know yall and more about the C7.

·
Premium Member
116 Posts
Hi! My Name is Chuck and I am just an young guy in an old man's body! I'm 76 years old and have been playing with cars since the mid-fifties. I have owned four new Corvettes. A 1959 Convertible, a 1963 Convertible, a 1964 Coupe, and a 1998 Coupe. I have been involved in a lot of SCCA Solo competition and have won 5 National Championships in the Club Division 4 of them in a Fiat X 1/9 in different preparation Classes and the last one of which I am most proud, was in 2004 at age 67, I drove my friend's A Modified car to a National Championship! I also competed in the Pro Solo Division and won 2 Class Championships and the overall Series Championship in 1990. I watched the unveiling of the C7 at the Detroit Auto Show and was so excited that I went down to my local dealer and put down a deposit for one. I am number 3 on the list, so I am going to have depend on sites like this to keep me informed until I get my fix! I have no idea how many cars I have owned, but when something this exciting is introduced, I can not resist the urge to have one!
Hi, My name is Naazim I'm new to Corvettes but not to Camaros. Ordered my 2010 Aqua Blue Metallic 2LT/RS Camaro in September of 2009 and took delivery of it in November of 2009. It was my first car that I paid for through hard work and sadly a year later in November of 2010 I was left with no choice but to sell it. My grandma moved in with us and my Camaro became a garage queen where it just sat there collecting dust. I sold it to get something more practical since my grandma is in her 70's and I needed something that would be easy for her to get in and out of and thus bought a 2010 Lexus RX350 with the help of my parents. The Lex is still my current ride, and now that my grandma lives with her other son for the most part, I can now get me another coupe. I really like the way the C7 looks and would love to own one. I should be out of college just in time for the release and hopefully have enough saved up to get me one with a decent down payment. Can't wait to get to know yall and more about the C7.
Welcome to the forums Chuck and Naazim! Great to have you with us

Attachments

·
Registered
391 Posts
Welcome to the Stingray Forum Chuck! Very nice collection of vettes!

Attachments

·
Registered
391 Posts
Welcome to the new corvette forum Naazim!

Attachments

1 - 20 of 1508 Posts