221 - 240 of 266 Posts

·
Administrator
15,694 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hello All,
Purchased a used 2016 White C7 last April 1st, no joke.. Its an amazing car. I learn something new about it every time I drive it. This is my first Corvette and an very pleased that I bought a C7. It's the most powerful vehicle I have ever owned although it's the third fastest 0 to 60 vehicle in my garage, the other two only have 2 wheels. I plan to use this car mostly as a GT road trip car. To date it has been in seven States, The Tail of the Dragon and a track day at Mid-Ohio. On a recent road trip to Cleveland, Ohio and back home, 200+ miles, I got 33mpg @ 70mph+-. The computer indicated 32.7mpg. I was very pleased. Looking forward to many pleasant miles.

Reactions: jsvette

·
Administrator
15,694 Posts
Welcome to our forum billkahle and congrats on your new C7! Glad to have you join us and in the enjoyment of the Stingray. :cool:

·
Registered
2 Posts
I owned 1991 C4 Coupe for 12 years. I just retired about a month ago and decided I owed myself a retirement present. Got a deal 2 weeks ago that I couldn't resist on a new 2019 Blade Silver Stingray. Went from a 6 speed manual on the C4 to an 8 speed Auto with the paddle shift. Absolutely amazed by the difference in the driving experience between the C4 and the C7. The Corvette has truly become a world class sports car.

·
Administrator
15,694 Posts
Welcome to our forum vetteguy19 and congratulations on your 2019 Stingray! Glad to have you here.:cool:

Reactions: Vigilance247

·
Registered
47 Posts
I owned 1991 C4 Coupe for 12 years. I just retired about a month ago and decided I owed myself a retirement present. Got a deal 2 weeks ago that I couldn't resist on a new 2019 Blade Silver Stingray. Went from a 6 speed manual on the C4 to an 8 speed Auto with the paddle shift. Absolutely amazed by the difference in the driving experience between the C4 and the C7. The Corvette has truly become a world class sports car.
C7's are both beautiful and great machines! Enjoy!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello everyone. New to the forum, just wanted to say "Hi".

Just a little about me, I live in Royal Oak Michigan, originally from the Cleveland area*, moved up here in 2012 to work for in automotive. I had always loved the Corvette, and it was my dream car.

Heres a little story on how I got mine. One day at the gas station a gray one pulled up. I crawled out of my lowly Mustang** and asked the guy what he thought of his 'vette. He looked me straight in the eye and said "probably the best purchase I have ever made in my entire life." I laughed a little and said "well tell me more!" and we talked it up for a bit and turns out he was one of the exterior designers. A lot of the design questions I had were legit and he answered all of them. Long story short I saved up my pennies and found the perfect Vette for me used out of California and had it shipped up here and have been attacking on-ramps ever since. Got a Crystal Red 2014 Z51 with a manual.

Really looking forward to the forum, I know I will definitely have some questions on cold weather storage and upgrades/modifications in the near future.

-Eric

*Go Browns. One of the few teams worse than the Lions but I am dedicated and dont mind pain
**Mustang is still a great car, I still have my 2011GT. Similar, and yet very different from the Corvette.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Hey, you're doing great I am Jets fan! I also own my 1st vette and like you bought it online and had it shipped.

Enjoy your ride and keep attacking those on ramps with grace!

·
Super Moderator
3,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #229

·
Administrator
15,694 Posts
Welcome to our forum Eric and congrats on your Crystal Red 2014 Z51! Thanks for sharing your backstory. :cool:

·
Registered
542 Posts
Welcome to Michigan and to the forum. The forum has alot of knowledgeable and friendly people so any mods and questions about your new purchase there are answers here on the forum.

I encourage you to use the search box and find a plethora or Vetteapedia of information about anything you probably have questions about from mods to technical to cold weather storage.

Hello everyone. New to the forum, just wanted to say "Hi".

Just a little about me, I live in Royal Oak Michigan, originally from the Cleveland area*, moved up here in 2012 to work for in automotive. I had always loved the Corvette, and it was my dream car.

Heres a little story on how I got mine. One day at the gas station a gray one pulled up. I crawled out of my lowly Mustang** and asked the guy what he thought of his 'vette. He looked me straight in the eye and said "probably the best purchase I have ever made in my entire life." I laughed a little and said "well tell me more!" and we talked it up for a bit and turns out he was one of the exterior designers. A lot of the design questions I had were legit and he answered all of them. Long story short I saved up my pennies and found the perfect Vette for me used out of California and had it shipped up here and have been attacking on-ramps ever since. Got a Crystal Red 2014 Z51 with a manual.

Really looking forward to the forum, I know I will definitely have some questions on cold weather storage and upgrades/modifications in the near future.

-Eric

View attachment 276381

*Go Browns. One of the few teams worse than the Lions but I am dedicated and dont mind pain
**Mustang is still a great car, I still have my 2011GT. Similar, and yet very different from the Corvette.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hey guys, new to the forum. Currently reside in Palm Beach County, FL. I'm on my 3rd vette now, a '15 Z06 m7 with the Z07package. Previously, i've had a 92 LT1, and 2 C6's. I'm a first responder, and have always been a bit of a thrill seeker. In addition to the Vette, I also enjoy motorcycles (my little harley is my 2nd child). Hope to learn awesome things here and maybe even find some other local vette owners!

·
Super Moderator
3,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #233
Welcome to StingrayForums TyGuy!

Reactions: TyGuy

·
Administrator
15,694 Posts
Welcome to our forum TyGuy, glad to have you here!

Reactions: TyGuy

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Hey guys, new to the forum. Currently reside in Palm Beach County, FL. I'm on my 3rd vette now, a '15 Z06 m7 with the Z07package. Previously, i've had a 92 LT1, and 2 C6's. I'm a first responder, and have always been a bit of a thrill seeker. In addition to the Vette, I also enjoy motorcycles (my little harley is my 2nd child). Hope to learn awesome things here and maybe even find some other local vette owners!
Welcome to the forum TyGuy. Always good to see another first responder here. Enjoy your Z06 and stay safe.

Reactions: TyGuy and jsvette

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hey fellow Vette owners! I have always wanted a Vette since I was a kid, and now I have one. Im beyond thrilled!! I jist bought a 2015 Z51 3LT A8 Vert in Daytona Sunset Orange with black interior amd competition seats with 36k miles. I haven't smiled driving a car in a long time and now I do!! I'm excited to connect with everyone on here and become part of this amazing community.

I am a Pilates and Gyrotonic Instructor who just moved to Austin TX from Fort Lauderdale, FL.

Have a great day everyone!

Erik

·
Super Moderator
3,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #237
Congratulations on your Vette and welcome to Texas!

·
Administrator
15,694 Posts
Welcome to our forum Erik and congrats on your Z51Vert!

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Hey fellow Vette owners! I have always wanted a Vette since I was a kid, and now I have one. Im beyond thrilled!! I jist bought a 2015 Z51 3LT A8 Vert in Daytona Sunset Orange with black interior amd competition seats with 36k miles. I haven't smiled driving a car in a long time and now I do!! I'm excited to connect with everyone on here and become part of this amazing community.

I am a Pilates and Gyrotonic Instructor who just moved to Austin TX from Fort Lauderdale, FL.

Have a great day everyone!

Erik
Welcome to the forum Erik. Many of us are still smiling. Good Flyers colors car you have there.

Reactions: jsvette

·
Registered
1 Posts
Erik
I just signed up to the forum and Aerostep's post takes the words right out of my mouth.
Got my first Corvette, a brand new C7 Stingray 7M completely blacked out. I love it!

221 - 240 of 266 Posts