Stingray Corvette Forum banner

241 - 260 of 266 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #241
I just signed up to the forum and Aerostep's post takes the words right out of my mouth.
Got my first Corvette, a brand new C7 Stingray 7M completely blacked out. I love it!
Welcome to StingrayForums!

Reactions: Aerostep

·
Administrator
15,693 Posts
Welcome to our forum GapRider and glad to read that you love your new C7!.

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Happy New Year to all the members from Miami Florida. Black 2015 Stingray 2LT with a few mods .
Welcome to the forum seafox. This is a great resource for any questions you have or just to tell some good Stingray stories. I know that I have plenty of them.

Reactions: jsvette

·
Registered
3 Posts
Saying ‘Hi” just joined today! My first Corvette, purchased new last August, love this car......so does my wife. Automatic, 2LT, first 1500 mile road trip was a blast! ??

·
Super Moderator
3,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #246
Reactions: CrossbonesIV

·
Administrator
15,693 Posts
Welcome to our forum CrossbonesIV and congratulations on your great looking C7!

Reactions: CrossbonesIV

·
Administrator
15,693 Posts
Welcome to our forum Merky1761 and congrats on your great looking (even with snow on it) C7.

Reactions: Merky1761

·
Registered
2019 Torch Red Grand Sport 2LT
4 Posts
Hi everyone. New member from South Florida. Just got my first corvette. Been drooling over the C7 since watching the Jay Leno's Garage episode all those years ago.

2019 Torch Red Grand Sport 2LT.

200 miles in and I'm still like a kid on Christmas morning. Looking forward to connecting with other Stingray lovers.
20200423_070500.jpg

·
Super Moderator
3,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #253
Welcome to StingrayForums @DocMACstuffins!
Congratulations on buying your first Corvette!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Welcome to StingrayForums @DocMACstuffins!
Congratulations on buying your first Corvette!
Thanks! I'm working night shift right now and bought her on my day off this past week. It'd been sitting at the dealership for about 7 months and was grimy. Told the dealership I didn't want them to "detail it" for me. Last thing I needed was their garbage pale soap and water swirling up the paint (buddies and I at work are big-time car detailing divas). Spent about 3 hours that night on the full Adam's treatment: wash, clay bar, wash, dry, and wax. Worth it.

·
Administrator
15,693 Posts
Welcome to our forum DocMACstuffins and congrats on your great looking GS! Did a beautiful job shinning it up (y)(y)(y)

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have a 2016 C7 Stingray that is Torch Red. I bought the car used with 13,000 miles in July, 2019. It was in fair condition but needed TLC and a loving owner. This car is my daily driver that gets me in a great mood every morning when I start her up. I have been adding improvements and personalizing her over the past 9 months. She has been ceramic coated, paint protection film added, new seat covers, the engine bay has been cleaned up, LED lights were added, my most recent mod was to add Stage 3 aero package with splitter, side skirts and spoiler with adjustable wicker bill. Now I am thinking about custom wheels and wide tires!

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have a 2016 C7 Stingray that is Torch Red. I bought the car used with 13,000 miles in July, 2019. It was in fair condition but needed TLC and a loving owner. This car is my daily driver that gets me in a great mood every morning when I start her up. I have been adding improvements and personalizing her over the past 9 months. She has been ceramic coated, paint protection film added, new seat covers, the engine bay has been cleaned up, LED lights were added, my most recent mod was to add Stage 3 aero package with splitter, side skirts and spoiler with adjustable wicker bill. Now I am thinking about custom wheels and wide tires! View attachment 277030
Looking nice! I'm hoping to get the paint correction, clear bra, and ceramic on mine as well. Mine is also daily driven.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Congratulations! She Cleaned up well! Out of curiosity, what condition was she in being a 2016 with 13k miles...Just curious....

I have a 2016 C7 Stingray that is Torch Red. I bought the car used with 13,000 miles in July, 2019. It was in fair condition but needed TLC and a loving owner. This car is my daily driver that gets me in a great mood every morning when I start her up. I have been adding improvements and personalizing her over the past 9 months. She has been ceramic coated, paint protection film added, new seat covers, the engine bay has been cleaned up, LED lights were added, my most recent mod was to add Stage 3 aero package with splitter, side skirts and spoiler with adjustable wicker bill. Now I am thinking about custom wheels and wide tires! View attachment 277030

·
Registered
4 Posts
Congratulations! She Cleaned up well! Out of curiosity, what condition was she in being a 2016 with 13k miles...Just curious....
Mechanically the car was sound. Engine, drive line and tires were in good shape. She was a diamond in the rough if you looked beyond the cosmetics.

The interior was fair but showing wear on the driver side seat on the left bolster from getting in and out.
The engine bay was very dusty and looked like it had never been cleaned. The hood pad was stained and looked ready to fall off. A few rock chips in the usual places that I was hoping could be fixed with touch up paint. The paint had swirl marks from improper washing and waxing.

I had the car detailed and she cleaned up pretty good. Since then I have had the car ceramic coated, PPF on the front bumper, hood, front fenders and side mirrors, new seat covers, Lloyd mats up front and the cargo area, the engine bay has been cleaned with the fuel rails and plenum cover being painted, a new custom hood pad added and the last thing done was to add a Stage 3 aero kit with ceramic coating with splitter, side skirts and rear spoiler with a
djustable wicker bill.

241 - 260 of 266 Posts