Stingray Corvette Forum banner
281 - 291 of 291 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello, first time corvette owner here. So i read a bedtime story to my corvette about little cars who dont get oil changes done properly. I cannot seem to stay outta this car! I still have my just now paid off genesis coupe as a primary to work car but it has lost its place in the garage to 2014 black on black C7 with 5k miles on it. I ordered 2 car covers and am planning a massive clean up so the genesis will fit in garage too.
I always wished i would get one and was really excited about the 2020 mid engine but the wait list and price gouging turned me away. My experience has always been a coupe while letting momma drive kids in suv.
This the first stick i can remember not having synchronized gears for a manual? So no speed shifting?
Aside from the flaky radio display that showed up on day 2 of ownership i find i have a difficult time trying to keep the miles down. Btw pulled display fuse and cleaned it and all ok for now. Strange.

·
Registered
2014 Arctic White C7 Z51
1,818 Posts
Welcome to the forum and nice catch of a 7yr old car with 5k miles just awesome.

I too have a 2014 that has not been in the shop for any type of repair other than oil change as well as new battery so they are well made from my perspective.

Outside of those things the car has perform flawlessly and brings the same joy every time I get behind the wheel. Enjoy! Cheers! 🍺🍻🍺

Hello, first time corvette owner here. So i read a bedtime story to my corvette about little cars who dont get oil changes done properly. I cannot seem to stay outta this car! I still have my just now paid off genesis coupe as a primary to work car but it has lost its place in the garage to 2014 black on black C7 with 5k miles on it. I ordered 2 car covers and am planning a massive clean up so the genesis will fit in garage too.
I always wished i would get one and was really excited about the 2020 mid engine but the wait list and price gouging turned me away. My experience has always been a coupe while letting momma drive kids in suv.
This the first stick i can remember not having synchronized gears for a manual? So no speed shifting?
Aside from the flaky radio display that showed up on day 2 of ownership i find i have a difficult time trying to keep the miles down. Btw pulled display fuse and cleaned it and all ok for now. Strange. View attachment 279546 🍺

·
Administrator
17,146 Posts
Welcome to our forum Cmore and congrats on your C7!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Aside from the flaky radio display that showed up on day 2 of ownership i find i have a difficult time trying to keep the miles down. Btw pulled display fuse and cleaned it and all ok for now. Strange. View attachment 279546
Welcome, Cmore,
Niiiiice!

·
Registered
2014 Corvette Stingray 3LT Z51 w/ M7
7 Posts
Hey all, new forum member. My name is Justin and last November I purchased my first Corvette. I’m a union laborer and army veteran living in Flemington, NJ. I have a 2014 Corvette 3LT Z51 w/ M7 in Velocity Yellow with black accents. I’ve since added on a few things to make her my own. As a kid I would go to all sorts of shows and swap meets with my dad to find parts for our restoration project car which was a 1969 Camaro Z28 in Cortez Silver with black racing stripes. We’d go to shows and that’s where I fell in love with Corvettes. At the time it was the 1963 427 Corvette Split window and the C4 Grand Sport in blue and white that really caught my eye and shortly after the C5 Z06. As I got older dad and I would chat about the C7 and eventually upcoming C8. When he passed away last August I decided it was time to buy the car that we both wanted and he never got a chance to buy. Since last November I’ve already put about 11k miles on her, and it’s not even my daily driver. It’s been a lot of fun to own with a few headaches here and there lol. Here are a couple pics
Car Wheel Tire Land vehicle Vehicle
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Hood

·
Administrator
17,146 Posts
Welcome to our forum Justin aka That_Yellow_Vette and thanks for sharing that great backstory! Glad to have you here and congrats on your beautiful C7 (y) (y) (y)

Reactions: That_Yellow_Vette

·
Registered
1 Posts
Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Plant

Sleepy little thread - maybe this will wake it up?
First time owner. Drove a 1973 white corvette in 1980 … I was 10. I did not end well. Fast forward 42 years. My wife made my dreams come true. 2016 3LT stingray 35k. Flawless- meticulous care. Showroom care. /sigh

Maybe it’s my old age talking but - get the 3LT. Its a big reason the Europeans bitch about American plastic. Cheap. This is not. Wow.
Murf - 51 y SW Washington

·
Administrator
17,146 Posts
Welcome to our forum Murf- great looking C7! Interesting start in driving Corvettes that I'd guess not many other members have had :cool:

281 - 291 of 291 Posts