Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After three and a half months, my 2014 Corvette Stingray Z51 2LT is here! If anyone is wondering, I also added Magnetic Selective Ride Control, Performance Exhaust, Carbon Fiber Interior Trim (installed at dealership), Personalized Plaque, Black Wheels and Yellow Calipers.

I used to own a 2012 V6 Camaro. I was only seventeen when I bought it so it was more than enough power for me at the time. I thought that I would eventually upgrade to an SS and that I would only buy and own Camaros for the rest of my life.....but then I saw the 2014 Corvette get revealed. So a long story short, I made the switch to a Corvette and couldn't be happier! The Camaro was not even on the same planet as this car. I'm sure you guys know how great of a car it is already so I will shut my mouth and post a couple of pictures. :D

·
Registered
398 Posts
Nate. You ROCK!!! Awesome pics of awesome car with awesome color and amazing SHINE. Hope to be an owner one day. The wait is tortuous!!
Congrats on your beautiful ride. Have you gotten used to all the THUMBS UP?

Sent from my iPhone using Corvette Stingray Forum

·
Registered
419 Posts
I too actually was in the same boat. Fresh out of college with a new job, I decided it was time to buy a "trophy" for all of my hard work. So, I purchased a 2013 RS Camaro (V6) and not the SS since I needed a daily commuter car.
IMG_1591.JPG IMG_1618.JPG

At the end of the day I still wasn't satisfied. For some reason I felt a void for not getting a V8. So then I wanted a SS or a ZL1 but figured it would be like buying the same car. A few months later, the 2014 Corvette was announced and I knew that was the "trophy" that I've been working hard for. So after having the Camaro for less than 6 months (and adding a whole bunch of mods) I sold it and purchased "Evette".

IMG_1740.JPG IMG_1755.JPG img_5333.jpg

Congrats Nate!! Hope you're living the dream just like I am!! :D

·
Registered
7,930 Posts
Nate, congrats, nothing short of a work of art enjoy!

SF
Rick

·
Registered
162 Posts
Way to go! Congrats on those awesome looking Stingrays! :)

·
Registered
391 Posts
I've always liked Camaros.But with A 6 cylinder,the difference between the Stingray and the Camaro is probably like night and day.

·
Registered
10,412 Posts
I would have never guessed that was your car Glen. The rims just don't look like your style. Of course, I am just joking.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks everyone! I can't believe how much attention this car attracts. Literally every person on the road stares at my car! I got a lot of attention in the Camaro but it was nothing like this!

·
Registered
419 Posts
I definitely agree with you man. We get a small glimpse of what it feels like to be a celebrity. haha

Thanks everyone! I can't believe how much attention this car attracts. Literally every person on the road stares at my car! I got a lot of attention in the Camaro but it was nothing like this!

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
You made a great choice.
I was at my dealership getting the oil changed earlier this week. There was a lady getting her camaro serviced, we started talking car. She came out with me to look at the vette when it was ready. I asked her if she wanted to go for a spin, I had hardly finished asking the question and she was in the passenger seat. She could believe how hard the car excelerated. When we got back she couldn't stop saying how great the car was.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts