Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have ventured into the Launch Control of my Z51, Auto, with MRC by selecting Track mode, pushing the selector 2 times and there are the 5 sub modes to pick from.
1. Wet
2. Dry
3. Sport1
4. Sport2
5. Race

If I am on dry pavement and want to archive the best 0-60 I am only assuming using logic I would pick #2? Where is there documentation that explains the 5 modes?

·
Registered
4,656 Posts
The manual does a poor job of describing each. About the best we have seen are some instructional videos explaining each mode. Basically, as you go down the list traction controls get reduced. That's about the best we know for sure since there are 14 different systems these settings affect.

I would agree that Dry would be the best first try but since that will pull power if the car starts to slip its possible the race setting would yield the best times if you are good at the drag racing stuff. I would start out in Dry so there are still some controls them move to Race once you are comfortable with the cars dynamics.

Sent from my iPad using Corvette Stingray Forum

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
So I have ventured into the Launch Control of my Z51, Auto, with MRC by selecting Track mode, pushing the selector 2 times and there are the 5 sub modes to pick from.
1. Wet
2. Dry
3. Sport1
4. Sport2
5. Race

If I am on dry pavement and want to archive the best 0-60 I am only assuming using logic I would pick #2? Where is there documentation that explains the 5 modes?
I did find the following on page 9-44 but the wording does not fit exactly as my dic screen is showing so is it safe to assume that when the manual says

PERF TRAC1 - WET ACTIVE
HANDLING ON is #1.Wet

PERF TRAC 2 – DRY ACTIVE
HANDLING ON is #2. Dry

PERF TRAC 3 – SPORT
ACTIVE HANDLING ON is #3. Sport1

PERF TRAC 4 – SPORT
ACTIVE HANDLING OFF is #4. Sport2

PERF TRAC 5 – RACE ACTIVE
HANDLING OFF is #5. Race
?????am I safe to assume?????

·
Registered
504 Posts
1. Wet
2. Dry
3. Sport1
4. Sport2
5. Race

Steve
I think you want to be in Sport 2
Have you seen this video?

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes I did but that is manual tranny, I have Auto

·
Registered
504 Posts
Sorry I missed that point, I guess I should have read the entire thread.. Lol