Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The following is probably old news to many of you. All the same, I need to vent. Having not heard anything from my dealer about movement of my September ‘19 order for a C8, I contacted the Corvette concierge asking for status. Surprise, surprise, surprise! My order has been dropped and if I still want the car, I’ll have to reorder starting 7/31. It’s disappointing enough to get the bad news but the shoddy communication from both the dealer and the company just rubs more salt in the wound. I just left a curt message for my sales rep. I wonder if he’ll even call back.

·
Registered
988 Posts
Not surprising to me. I'd bet your dealer had no idea of your status. As a matter of fact i bet there is few if anyone working there today that were there in Sept 2019. Once they got your signature on the contract it was on to the next one. Obviously doesn't work that way for all of them but a lot more sub standard than excellent sales.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
15,760 Posts
That is unfortunate Georgio51, indeed. Perhaps time to switch dealers?

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Your dealer failed you. Chevy sent out very clear information to dealers regarding all orders below status 3000 about 3 weeks ago. It included links to sample communications to impacted purchasers. There is no excuse for your dealer not notifying you.

·
Registered
Owned: '65, '75, '97, '01, '10, '14, current '16 Z06
9,117 Posts
Your dealer failed you. Chevy sent out very clear information to dealers regarding all orders below status 3000 about 3 weeks ago. It included links to sample communications to impacted purchasers. There is no excuse for your dealer not notifying you.
It's unfortunate, there are people working at dealerships that are incompetent, poorly trained, and can't deal with people, shouldn't be there, and need to be called out when appropriate, this goes for all walks of life. On the flip side, there are very good people at dealerships that are outstanding in their chosen field, care about the customer's needs and are experts at product knowledge.
My last Corvette purchase, I have had the pleasure of dealing with an individual that is the epitome of the latter.
Sorry you had to go through that ordeal, has to be frustrating as all get out. Good Luck in the future.

·
Registered
13 Posts
The following is probably old news to many of you. All the same, I need to vent. Having not heard anything from my dealer about movement of my September ‘19 order for a C8, I contacted the Corvette concierge asking for status. Surprise, surprise, surprise! My order has been dropped and if I still want the car, I’ll have to reorder starting 7/31. It’s disappointing enough to get the bad news but the shoddy communication from both the dealer and the company just rubs more salt in the wound. I just left a curt message for my sales rep. I wonder if he’ll even call back.
I ordered my car in September and it's being built next week

·
Registered
3 Posts
The following is probably old news to many of you. All the same, I need to vent. Having not heard anything from my dealer about movement of my September ‘19 order for a C8, I contacted the Corvette concierge asking for status. Surprise, surprise, surprise! My order has been drop
Curious if you had a deposit $ ?

·
Registered
383 Posts
I ordered my car in September and it's being built next week
I have an order at 3000. I'm curious what color yours is going to be?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Sad news Georgio51 but I can empathize. I ordered my C8 Nov 11, 2019. Took delivery 7/8/20. Early on I was not happy with dealer communications and started to post weekly email questions to Corvette Concierge. They were very helpful. I found out the car was in production from them before I heard from the dealer and this was my 3rd (and last) new corvette from the same dealer. Good luck.

·
Administrator
15,760 Posts

·
Registered
10,295 Posts
Z51 2LT Elkhart Lake blue
That is cool. When you get it, I would like to see your pictures of that color on your car.

·
Administrator
15,760 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts