Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
997 Posts
Nice! Wish i would have seen those before the dealer put my car back together after the transmission swap. Would have been a perfect time to swap the OEM units for those.

·
Registered
127 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
I didn’t like my black wheels. I like Chrome. My wife likes black. Here was my compromise. I think the LRG looks better with these wheels. The black wheels although making the car look menacing I feel got lost with the darker color the car.
EB657298-037B-4D6F-8EBB-E0609EC1BE77.jpeg
564137BF-D880-425D-8185-57B6D1D458E7.jpeg

·
Administrator
15,887 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Arctic White C7 Z51
623 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The Taillights are a Full Replacement as shown on this installation video. Cost: $600 but since I sold my clear lens, net cost to me was $75 :)

Love them. Is that an electronic add on or a full replacement of the OEM tail lights? Cost?

·
Registered
2014 Arctic White C7 Z51
623 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Looks Nice and I like the contrast!

I thought it didn't make sense to have a nice set of aftermarket wheels that you could barely see as I agree that they not only get lost in the darker colors but they can also get lost in the lighter colors. I switched from black to silver wheels on my Arctic White and they a nice additional focal point.

At the end of the day, they all look good but when I get bored I want to switch things up so one day I might go back to black wheels most likely I won't since I call myself going from the menacing bad ass aggressive look to the more mature sexy look. LOL :)

I didn’t like my black wheels. I like Chrome. My wife likes black. Here was my compromise. I think the LRG looks better with these wheels. The black wheels although making the car look menacing I feel got lost with the darker color the car. View attachment 276348 View attachment 276349

·
Registered
Owned: '65, '75, '97, '01, '10, '14, now '16 Z06
9,213 Posts
Drove it! 😁The usual weekly Thursday breakfast or lunch run. Got the fellers together today for an hour run on the back roads to one of our favorite eating establishments. We are all retired. :)

·
Registered
3,703 Posts
Reactions: Norm and jsvette

·
Registered
2014 Arctic White C7 Z51
623 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
I installed the Soler Throttle Body and Throttle Controller and very happy with both and cures any lag and/or lack of responsiveness.

Responds like it should from factory but you have to respect the new found or opened up responsiveness at some of the higher mode levels.

·
Registered
2014 Arctic White C7 Z51
623 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
I am in AWE or maybe even AweStruck!

I had my AWE X-Pipe and Touring Axleback installed today and when I picked it up and started it for the first time I was AWE Struck! The tone, volume of the sound was just amazing. I get home, cut the car off and back on the sound without a cold start is just amazingly Awesome as well!

I then after dinner needed to drive it again so I go to the freeway to a certainly spot where they overpass is at least 1/4 mile long and everyone knows when you going under this overpass you just have to go WOT. As I entered the underpass, I went WOT as I normally would and when I did it this time, I heard something that I never heard before from my beloved Borla that I removed. I was in AWE and what I heard probably scared the Shyt out of everyone around me and I have never heard anything like or close to that when I have traveled that same place.

Next, the tone and rumble sound just driving at 10-20 mph I watched people heads turn to see what was approaching with just the wonderful sound. Lastly, on the way home as always I come across the agitators and when I went WOT against the Mopar Boys and Mustang Gang, they didn't just hear my A&A SC, they heard something that they probably said what the HELL is that.

After a little freeway play time, the agitators understood that this was not your ordinary C7 Z51 and a sound they might not be accustom to and after play time they through up the Thumbs Up! AWE, your system is just AWEsome!

I am in love all over again with my car as it gives me another level of passion and enjoyment while driving her!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts