Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 20 of 168 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do any of you guys keep anything inside of the "hidden compartment" behind the screen on the dash?

I've heard that a few people keep guns back there, which is pretty cool. Too bad I don't smoke the "devils lettuce" or I would have a perfect place to keep it :cool:

·
Registered
60 Posts
Do any of you guys keep anything inside of the "hidden compartment" behind the screen on the dash?

I've heard that a few people keep guns back there, which is pretty cool. Too bad I don't smoke the "devils lettuce" or I would have a perfect place to keep it :cool:
The Devil's Lettuce?! Reminds me of Church Chat on SNL.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
iPod Classic
Ins and reg copies
Fox Labs fog pepper spray (the absolute best)
Once I take delivery I'm definitely getting either pepper spray, a stun gun, or a concealed carry permit. Haven't made up my mind yet but you definitely have to have some form of protection (other than your fists) when you own a car like this.

·
Registered
10,419 Posts
Seriously!?

·
Registered
475 Posts
You guys traveling bad neighborhoods? Mine is empty and will remain that way. It's just me but I feel that the movement of the screen over time will wear on the connections and cause premature failure of the screen or a rolling screen.

Sent from my iPad using Corvette Stingray Forum

·
Registered
4,656 Posts
When I get mine it will be home to an iPod Mini. My sidearm will go in the center compartment so it's accessible much quicker than waiting for the screen to drop. Those who posted about what guns fit behind the screen, time how long it takes for the screen to lower and consider there's someone pointing a gun at you while that's happening.

Yes, I do carry whenever possible, especially in a high profile car. I hope to never need it but I can't predict the future so I protect the present.

Carjacking Facts | Home Security Tips by The Security Sensei (Jordan Frankel)

·
Registered
50 Posts
Just an Ipod so far.
Mike

·
Registered
922 Posts
Actually, if you carry and are in a bad area you don't want your firearm in a closed compartment, you might as well not have it. Defense training would call for having it on the seat under your left leg so you can draw it already pointed at the drivers door. Also a good way to shoot yourself in the leg or a hole in your door.. Or so I'm told..

·
Registered
48 Posts
8 ball

Sent from my iPhone using Corvette Stingray Forum mobile app

·
Registered
739 Posts
Registration and proof of insurance. Attached iphone when driving car

·
Administrator
16,302 Posts
It is a great place to store your radar detector when it is not on the windshield or roof panel mount. :cool:

·
Registered
115 Posts
Once I take delivery I'm definitely getting either pepper spray, a stun gun, or a concealed carry permit. Haven't made up my mind yet but you definitely have to have some form of protection (other than your fists) when you own a car like this.
I have to ask the question, what makes a Stingray a vehicle that demands you carry protection? Where I live there are plenty of cars that cost a lot more than the Stingray and not many people feel the need that they "have" to have protection based on the car they drive. My other question is that if you happen to frequent neighborhoods where you feel the need to protect yourself, why in the world aren't you already carrying self-protection?

·
Registered
4,656 Posts
I have to ask the question, what makes a Stingray a vehicle that demands you carry protection? Where I live there are plenty of cars that cost a lot more than the Stingray and not many people feel the need that they "have" to have protection based on the car they drive. My other question is that if you happen to frequent neighborhoods where you feel the need to protect yourself, why in the world aren't you already carrying self-protection?
I really don't want to take this thread down a different path than what the OP asked so I will say simply that it has basically nothing to do with what a car is worth but the "profile" of the car. It's also unlikely neighborhoods where a lot of $60k+ cars frequent is really a target zone. Some feel the need to protect themselves at all times, others don't, it's a personal decision.

Sorry for getting off topic.

Reactions: keithfl and Mack
1 - 20 of 168 Posts