Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 20 of 174 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is the first car I've really just wanted to cruise around in while listening to music. (The subie just doesn't cut it, oddly enough.) So far she's been treated to Prince (I have a crystal red Corvette; she ain't little, but her ride is indeed smooth like a limousine. ;>), Metallica, Edwin Starr, Aerosmith, and Warrant.

What's playing on your stereo?

·
Administrator
15,155 Posts
First, and most of the time, I listen to RedHot's Symphony in V8 Sport Movement, and the rest of the time I have my USB drive reflecting a truly eclectic collection ranging from classical, to classic rock to jazz, vocals and a good sprinkling of 60s-70s.:cool:

·
Registered
914 Posts
WAIT! There is music? I thought that sound coming from the tail pipes was the orchestra and I was the conductor directing the sweet sounds with my motions! Oh my ... so much to learn!

·
Registered
292 Posts
This week driving through the south would be John Lee Hooker, Muddy Waters, Stevie Ray Vaughn, ZZ Top and some Canned Heat for starters.

·
Registered
336 Posts
High School Musical soundtrack. Preferably HSM 3. The harmonies are hypnotic and so much fun to sing to while driving.

·
Registered
3,665 Posts
I've recently been revisiting some Classic Metal...

·
Registered
3,671 Posts
I like most everything from the early 60's to the mid 80's. One of my favorites is Deep Purple's Highway Star:

Nobody gonna take my car, I'm gonna race it to the ground
Nobody gonna beat my car, it's gonna break the speed of sound
Ooh it's a killing machine, it's got everything
Like a driving power, big fat tires and everything.

I love it and I need it
Eight cylinders all mine
Alright, hold tight
I'm a highway star.

·
Registered
699 Posts
I like most everything from the early 60's to the mid 80's. One of my favorites is Deep Purple's Highway Star:

Nobody gonna take my car, I'm gonna race it to the ground
Nobody gonna beat my car, it's gonna break the speed of sound
Ooh it's a killing machine, it's got everything
Like a driving power, big fat tires and everything.

I love it and I need it
Eight cylinders all mine
Alright, hold tight
I'm a highway star.
That's how my Z51 got the name Highway Star or Star for short!

·
Registered
418 Posts
Sirius 82-Your's Truly Johnny Dollar and Gunsmoke are my favorites-otherwise USB my special mix that even RedHot's owner would not be able to figure out why I picked them!

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
This is great! I'm loving the responses!

To those who just listen to the engine....as someone who's always had to blast music so as to *not* listen to her '99 Honda Civic wheeze up the mountains in Colorado, I'm going to have to try this "no music" thing. ;)

To those who have eclectic music taste, you've given me all sorts of inspiration!
Thanks to all who've responded. :)

·
Registered
381 Posts
Very eclectic tastes here. When the top is down and I'm in Sport or Track, I often just listen to the finely tuned ROAR from the rear. But when music is desired, I can often be found listening to XM53 - Chill, XM54 - Studio 54, or XM55 - Utopia. That said, when I want a little older sound, I power up the iPod with some old Rush or even Judas Priest, Livin After Midnight. Listen to JP "Turbo Lover". Excellent engine sounds throughout! Of course, 70's, 80's & 90's XM stations are also presets. Driving through scenic scapes, I will often have Enya or Sara Brightman on. Told you it was pretty eclectic.

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
Sirius 82-Your's Truly Johnny Dollar and Gunsmoke are my favorites
Ah yes, Johnny Dollar, Independent Insurance Investigator out of Hartford Connecticut (home of the US insurance industry). The man with the action packed expense account.

I have a friend who owned an insurance brokerage, and I introduced him to Johnny Dollar. He was amused by the idea of an insurance investigator as an action hero.

I like to listen to Sirius 5, first decade of Rock and Roll. Big Joe Turner, the Clovers, Buddy Holly and Danny and the Juniors.

·
Registered
3,665 Posts
I'm always on the lookout for new (to me) hard rock bands, and I'm a very big fan of female leads - who know how to get the job done...

Here are a couple of hard rock bands that I've recently been enjoying:

Royal Thunder - Time Machine
Dead Sara - Weatherman

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
I'm always on the lookout for new (to me) hard rock bands, and I'm a very big fan of female leads - who know how to get the job done...

Here are a couple of hard rock bands that I've recently been enjoying
Weatherman's good, but I like Lemon Scent better, although it's not a good idea to post that one on a "General Audiences" board. :unconscious:

I like David Lee Roth's "Sensible Shoes": "I got a fast car, go cruisin' down the highway, A Corvette Stingray, I do it my way....." :eek:nthego:

1 - 20 of 174 Posts