Stingray Corvette Forum banner

141 - 160 of 173 Posts

·
Registered
3,718 Posts
Never did social media but U2 is great! "The Joshua Tree" which is the album your video came from is one the best albums ever made. "In God's Country" is my favorite on it. Not on that album but "New Years Day" is at the top of my list of greatest U2 songs. Its about the Polish Solidarity Movement and is almost six minutes long but great from start to finish:

"In Gods Country". Bono dedicated it to the Statue of liberty and the song characterises the United States as a "desert rose":

·
Registered
3,665 Posts
U2 is great, and talk about longevity!

I remember back in '84 hearing Pride for the first time in my old Chevy van, while an undergrad at ERAU - I knew after the first 30 seconds that it would be a major hit song.

I also enjoy some of their more recent work, like Every Breaking Wave - nice lyrics.

If you have the time, and are a U2 fan, you'll enjoy this last video! - U2 Live in Paris 2015

·
Registered
10,227 Posts
I wasn't introduced to U2 and Joshua Tree until the 1990s. About the same time I was also introduced to the Eagles. Let it suffice to say, I am a huge fan of both, and listen to many of their songs in my C7.

What was I listening to in the 1980s? Well, HCW (remember her?) had me into Michael Jackson because she was a huge fan. I liked Guns N' Roses. They were my favourite at the time. I also listened to songs which were popular on the radio in the late 1980s. There were some great vocalists at the time. Do you remember this one?

All of those get play time in Caroline (well, except for maybe Michael Jackson).

·
Registered
3,665 Posts
About the same time I was also introduced to the Eagles... Well, HCW (remember her?) had me into Michael Jackson because she was a huge fan.
Both are eternal Pop Music Icons. :)

I still enjoy MJ's Thriller album - his best work, IMHO.

Capture.JPG

·
Registered
3,718 Posts
All of those get play time in Caroline (well, except for maybe Michael Jackson).
I remember the Belinda Carlisle song. You gotta put "Beat It" from Michael Jackson's Thriller on your list. Just imagine putting your Caroline ZO6 thru its paces while this is playing. Even has a great guitar solo by Eddie Van Halen!:

·
Administrator
15,142 Posts
Just a reminder, this thread focus is what you listen to while driving, and not just a reminiscing about great oldies. Thanks for keeping this in mind.

·
Registered
10,227 Posts
I remember the Belinda Carlisle song. You gotta put "Beat It" from Michael Jackson's Thriller on your list. Just imagine putting your Caroline ZO6 thru its paces while this is playing. Even has a great guitar solo by Eddie Van Halen!:

I have it. The last time it was played (as recorded by my iTunes collection) was February 27, 2007 at 2:35 AM Pacific. Wow, that has been over 11 years...

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
I sometimes listen to myself humming or singing the Oompa-Loompa song from Willy Wonka. Drives any passenger nuts.

·
Registered
3,671 Posts
Just a reminder, this thread focus is what you listen to while driving, and not just a reminiscing about great oldies. Thanks for keeping this in mind.
Great oldies = jog my memory = download the song = play it in my Corvette. :p

·
Registered
3,193 Posts
We listened to The Message on Sirius XM all the way out to West Texas.

·
Registered
3,665 Posts
I have it. The last time it was played (as recorded by my iTunes collection) was February 27, 2007 at 2:35 AM Pacific. Wow, that has been over 11 years...
On my drive home, I decided to listen to some MJ, and I went all the way back to the Jackson 5 - yes, I have their greatest hits on my thumb drive (hey, don't judge ;) ).

So I asked Android Auto to play "ABC". Well, she did, just not the Jackson 5 version... :eek:nthego:

·
Registered
3,665 Posts
Are you experiencing dry mouth again after last night's escapades?

Well, here's some more Saliva to get your morning drive off to a good start. From my C7 Favorites Playlist.

Band: Saliva
Song: Superstar

·
Registered
3,718 Posts
My mouth don't get dry on a spirited cruise with this true "Superstar" blaring in my C7. Can't even hear my C7 with this at full volume. Back when things were real or er, unreal.

·
Registered
3,665 Posts
Love that song, Boomer - great lyrics too.

Well, I stand up next to a mountain
And I chop it down with the edge of my hand (!)
Well, I pick up all the pieces and make an island
Might even raise a little sand

I'm a Voodoo Child!

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Now that the nice weather is here for most of us, the only sounds I'll be listening to is the roar of the C7 tail pipes by Chevy :)

141 - 160 of 173 Posts