Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
4,607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Given that the guys that designed the C-7 seemed to favor angles over round shapes I found it odd that they favored round exhaust tips. It seems to me that this look might look nicer. This look seems to be a natural: Lamborghini-Aventador-Rear-View.jpg

If one of you that is a wizzard with photoshop could work that image on this one: C-7 REAR.jpg

We can see how it looks. Thanks!

·
Registered
142 Posts
I agree. The round exhaust tips do not fit the overall design of the car. Probably won't be long the after market vendors has several add-ons available.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I'll be Corsa or Borla or one of those exhaust system companies are already working on it. Watch out Carlisle 2015, could be a run on the muffler tents with the C-7's.

·
Registered
391 Posts
That's a good idea, I think something like that would look great on the C7. It looks good on the Lamborghini Aventador and the Focus ST:

·
Registered
4,607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
This is a bit larger than I had in mind, but I like it better than the four round openings.
C-7 rear without round exhaust.jpg

·
Registered
142 Posts
Actually - I like that better than anything else I have seen. I's powder coat the bezels black though. Make them transparent.

·
Registered
103 Posts
New here. Glad I found this forum. I think the new design of the C7's rear view is awesome as is. The round pipes add to the intrigue of the car. There will be a lot of after market changes made to the C7, but for me, this fresh new look will be appealing for a long time. I never liked the look of the C6, but it grew on me. I can't wait to have someone ogling the rear view of my C7 as I drive by.

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Interesting, does it make the car look lower or I wonder if the car has been lowered?

I always wondered about the change in tail lights away from the traditional round ones. Was the four round tail pipes/exhaust a way to keep something on the back end round?

·
Registered
533 Posts
1 - 20 of 48 Posts