Stingray Corvette Forum banner

What do you think of this look?

18K views 47 replies 27 participants last post by  2ndvette 
#1 ·
Given that the guys that designed the C-7 seemed to favor angles over round shapes I found it odd that they favored round exhaust tips. It seems to me that this look might look nicer. This look seems to be a natural: Vehicle Car Automotive exterior Bumper Grille

If one of you that is a wizzard with photoshop could work that image on this one: Land vehicle Vehicle Car Corvette stingray Auto show

We can see how it looks. Thanks!

See less See more
#2 ·
I agree. The round exhaust tips do not fit the overall design of the car. Probably won't be long the after market vendors has several add-ons available.

#20 ·
#16 ·
New here. Glad I found this forum. I think the new design of the C7's rear view is awesome as is. The round pipes add to the intrigue of the car. There will be a lot of after market changes made to the C7, but for me, this fresh new look will be appealing for a long time. I never liked the look of the C6, but it grew on me. I can't wait to have someone ogling the rear view of my C7 as I drive by.

#23 ·
Reactions: mybluecorvette
#19 ·
Interesting, does it make the car look lower or I wonder if the car has been lowered?

I always wondered about the change in tail lights away from the traditional round ones. Was the four round tail pipes/exhaust a way to keep something on the back end round?

#22 ·
Interesting options, I like the mental exercise and generally I prefer geometric and angular designs, but having browsed all the options presented here... while I find the actual photo of the two angular pipes would be my pick amongst all the optional designs, I find the "as shipped" round exhaust tips the most appealing, no contest.

MrG 69
Enjoying every mile in my CGM/Kalahari 7sp Z51 2LT Coupe w NPP, Nav, CF Mirrors/Spoiler and BC Roof
** Sent from mobile using Corvette Stingray Forum App **

#24 ·
I like the current C7 round pipes, would not and will not change it in my lifetime

Reactions: Bellabimb
#26 ·
Here is a question to those of you that prefer the round tips. If the car had come with these angular tips would you have excepted them as part of the new angular design exercise that the designers seemed to have in mind for the rear / rest of the car?

#29 ·
The sound from the C7 brings a smile to your face. I wonder how many hours GM spent on the exhaust system and if the round pipes were needed to obtain the sound. I wouldn't pay the grand plus for the 5 horses but enjoy every dollar of it for the sound!

Sent from my iPad using Corvette Stingray Forum

#31 · (Edited)
That is actually a really good point about the resonant frequency and excited modes of the acoustics being a function of the shape of the pipes. They still could have hit the same frequency with a rectangular exhaust, but the dimensions would have had to change, and the exact mode would be different. With round tips, the modes are based on Bessel functions; with a rectangular shape, they would be sine functions.

#30 ·
I like the exhaust shape but I don't like the look the added white gives. I would have left the lower black.

Sent from my iPad using Corvette Stingray Forum

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.