Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been a while since I last visited and I noticed the history is gone. What happened?

·
18,670 Posts
We reorganized the forum format for the reasons below. All threads were retained, though many moved into the new categories/sections.

"Tomorrow when you open up SRF, you will see a completely changed forum format. Why?

When we started out with just the Stingray model, it made sense to have many SRF different sub-sections, such as "StingRay Wheels and Tires," "Stingray Accessories," StingRay Videos and Photos," etc. When the Z06 was revealed, we almost doubled-up forum sections by adding comparable sub-sections for the Z06, e.g., creating separate ones for "Z06 Wheels and Tires," "Z06 Accessories," and "Z06 Photos and Videos."

Then the questions started, with members' asking, "I am confused, where do I post this thread?" Moderators increasingly have been moving threads and individual posts within threads.

And then when we got beautiful new Grand Sports, and not-surprisingly and not-unfairly, GS owners wanted their own six to ten unique GS sections.

But due to our growing model-specific sections, more questions have continue to arise, such as, "where do I post a video that contains Stingrays and GS's and Z06's?"

Within the next year, we are getting a new ZR1 model, creating its six to ten sub-sections?

We moderators decided that as we are one equal, all-encompassing C7 family, that the very best format is to eliminate separate/redundant "sub sections by model." Hence tomorrow you will see one consolidated, streamlined new SRF format.

We will all adjust to our new forum format. Perhaps we will need to do minor pruning and additions later, but we are not going to revert to our past multiple-redundancies of having the same topics for each Corvette model.

Thank you for your understanding. It will take all of us some time to get used to our new format. It parallels the forum simplicity that has worked very well for many other car forums, and will take us most easily into the future of proliferating C7 models.

John, Jeff, and Jeremy"

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you.

·
Registered
2020 C8 Z51
1,435 Posts
We reorganized the forum format for the reasons below. All threads were retained, though many moved into the new categories/sections.

"Tomorrow when you open up SRF, you will see a completely changed forum format. Why?

When we started out with just the Stingray model, it made sense to have many SRF different sub-sections, such as "StingRay Wheels and Tires," "Stingray Accessories," StingRay Videos and Photos," etc. When the Z06 was revealed, we almost doubled-up forum sections by adding comparable sub-sections for the Z06, e.g., creating separate ones for "Z06 Wheels and Tires," "Z06 Accessories," and "Z06 Photos and Videos."

Then the questions started, with members' asking, "I am confused, where do I post this thread?" Moderators increasingly have been moving threads and individual posts within threads.

And then when we got beautiful new Grand Sports, and not-surprisingly and not-unfairly, GS owners wanted their own six to ten unique GS sections.

But due to our growing model-specific sections, more questions have continue to arise, such as, "where do I post a video that contains Stingrays and GS's and Z06's?"

Within the next year, we are getting a new ZR1 model, creating its six to ten sub-sections?

We moderators decided that as we are one equal, all-encompassing C7 family, that the very best format is to eliminate separate/redundant "sub sections by model." Hence tomorrow you will see one consolidated, streamlined new SRF format.

We will all adjust to our new forum format. Perhaps we will need to do minor pruning and additions later, but we are not going to revert to our past multiple-redundancies of having the same topics for each Corvette model.

Thank you for your understanding. It will take all of us some time to get used to our new format. It parallels the forum simplicity that has worked very well for many other car forums, and will take us most easily into the future of proliferating C7 models.

John, Jeff, and Jeremy"
Hmm, getting confusing! Don't see any new posts!?
Where do you find those?
Where is the new "Format?"

·
Administrator
16,494 Posts
Hmm, getting confusing! Don't see any new posts!?
Where do you find those?
Where is the new "Format?"
Simply click on "Active Topics" tab at the top left of every page.

Reactions: elegant

·
Registered
2020 C8 Z51
1,435 Posts
Simply click on "Active Topics" tab at the top left of every page.
Yep, found it. Looked for "start a new post" on that page did not find it!

Trying to understand the new format.

·
Administrator
16,494 Posts
[Quote Originally Posted by jsvette : Simply click on "Active Topics" tab at the top left of every page.QUOTE=Jerry U;620866]Yep, found it. Looked for "start a new post" on that page did not find it!

Trying to understand the new format.[/QUOTE]

"Active Topics" is exactly that. It is a collection of every new post across every thread on our forum. You can only "start a new post" or "start a new thread" by clicking on one of the posts in the "Active Topics" if you are on that tab. That will take you to the respective Topic thread, where you can add a new post or new topic. That aspect has not changed from the prior forum format.

·
Registered
2020 C8 Z51
1,435 Posts
[Quote Originally Posted by jsvette : Simply click on "Active Topics" tab at the top left of every page.QUOTE=Jerry U;620866]Yep, found it. Looked for "start a new post" on that page did not find it!

Trying to understand the new format.
"Active Topics" is exactly that. It is a collection of every new post across every thread on our forum. You can only "start a new post" or "start a new thread" by clicking on one of the posts in the "Active Topics" if you are on that tab. That will take you to the respective Topic thread, where you can add a new post or new topic. That aspect has not changed from the prior forum format.[/QUOTE]
Thanks.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts