Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Called my Chev dealer and asked when a C8 will arrive for the showroom. "We have 8 pre orders and don't expect a showroom C8 for a year". Why they don't order one for the dealership, I don't understand. Unless Chev has them on allotment. Just wonder what your experiences have been?

·
Administrator
15,015 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
984 Posts
Yes, dealers have specific allotments (allocations) of C8. If they can sell all of their allocations without putting one on the showroom floor, why would they?

Most dealers around me are asking over MSRP with absurd non-refundable deposit requirements. I went with one of the big three east coast dealers. MSRP, reasonable refundable deposit, no dealer fees and expert Corvette experts. I'll order R8C (Museum Delivery) and have a great road trip home.

·
Administrator
15,015 Posts
The best way to go Zymurgy!

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
Well, here is what I did with my dealer today.
He will keep it in the show room until the weather look ok. He is a 20-year friend and I think
It would be great to have a C8 in his small dealership show room for everybody to come see. Fun stuff.
3LT, COLOR CODE GS7, FE4 MSRide CONTROL and PTM, Z51 PACKAGE, J6F RED CALIPERS
TU7 TW TONE SEATS, 38S RED STICHING, 3F9 RED BELTS. E60 FRONT LIFT ADJUST
ZZ3 ENGINE APPEARANCE PACKAGE, ERI BATTERY PROTECT, 5ZU, HIGH WING

ALL FIRED UP. BUT........... COULD BE ALONG TIME TO GET. THE UPSIDE IS BY THE TIME THIS ONE GOES IN, I MAY BE ABLE TO GET A Z06 OR BETTER. LOOKING TO HAVE ONE BY THE END OF AUGUST 2020. MY BIG 60.
LOOKS LIKE, AS OF KNOW THE LONG POLE IN THE TENT IS THE GPS LIFT FRONT END.

LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK AND THOUGHTS ON WHAT TIMIMG WILL BE.

Here she is.
7E69BD07-ECB1-4111-8E70-64D773FC3AAC.jpeg

·
Administrator
15,015 Posts
Looks great Mack! As to timing- I think at this point no one can predict since production has not started and constraints are not known. :eek:nthego:

·
Registered
582 Posts
Mine's going to be long beach red, 2lt jet black, Z51, MRC, and probably the lift.. I'm not paying Chevy to paint the calipers torch red, I'll paint them LBR, or perhaps "fly" yellow. I already own 4 Deltran battery tenders (two of them dual units, yes I have a lot of things with batteries...lol) so I don't need battery protection.

Anything else, I can add later...

Oh, and that high wing won't work so well with a golf bag...lol

·
Administrator
15,015 Posts
Let's try to keep posts on this thread limited to the topic of "What has been your experience in placing your C8 order." Thanks.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Sorry Jeff,
Anyway, I called Mike at Criswell, gave him a CC# and I'm on his list. (which is REALLY long right now.) THe only good thing is that he gets a lot of allocations, and he said that usually, about 40% of people drop out.

He anticipates that I'll see my car in June... That's fine with me.

·
Administrator
15,015 Posts
No issues :cool: Great to see you are on Mike's list rsvettez51.

·
Registered
1 Posts
About 2 weeks ago I contacted Classic Chevy in Dallas inquiring about available allocations. I received an immediate response via IM from the Internet Sales group. Kurt suggested I send my refundable deposit in quickly since they were in the process of finalizing the initial list. I Faxed my deposit info to him and was advised a week later that I was accepted. Last Saturday, I was in the Dallas area and stopped by just to meet Kurt and thank him for getting me on the list. Since I had a spreadsheet with me that listed all the order codes I wanted, Kurt took time to enter my order information right then, so I am all set. Classic is selling at MSRP, no ADM. All in all, the process was quite easy. Many thanks to Kurt, outstanding service!

·
Registered
273 Posts
One day after the reveal I called the dealer where I bought my 2014 in Columbia, IL. They had 8 guaranteed first consensus allocations 24 for the year. I gave a refundable deposit for a MSRP price and I’m number 7 of 8 for the first consensus. Optioned my order the day pricing came out. (they still had 16 allocations left as of the 15th)
I’m at 1100 with a 2020 C8 3LT-GS7w/HTO,Z51,FE4,E60,Q8T,ZZ3,FA5,J6E,VQK,RWJ,ERI.

329559DB-134A-46FE-BDC9-E3D0EB9E9DC8.jpeg

��

·
Registered
94 Posts
I went to order a C8 today but as we went through the options I was informed that I could not order he Magnetic Ride Control without ordering the Z51 option. I held off until I can make sure that is correct? Any help out there? Thanks guys.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Yes it is true, you have to purchase the Z51 package. I went to a dealership yesterday and had a close up look at the C8. Just beautiful. Can't wait for the convertible.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Question on ordering process.

I don't know where I got this from, but, when you sit down to order, is it with GM representative and his laptop, and this person is trained in all of the choices that are available?

The reason I ask is I honestly think my dealer doesn't have the sense to order a C8 and get all the options correct.
Thank you

·
Administrator
15,015 Posts
Question on ordering process.

I don't know where I got this from, but, when you sit down to order, is it with GM representative and his laptop, and this person is trained in all of the choices that are available?

The reason I ask is I honestly think my dealer doesn't have the sense to order a C8 and get all the options correct.
Thank you
Best advice is to go to the GM site https://www.chevrolet.com/upcoming-vehicles/2020-corvette#visualizer, go through the configuration and look at the options. Then go to your dealer who sits at his or her PC and places your order via GMWorkbench. Also see https://www.stingrayforums.com/forum/corvette-c8-general-forum/83254-purchasing-sequence-your-new-c8.html

·
Registered
379 Posts
About a week after the reveal in July, I went back to the dealer that I got my 2015 C7 from, and talked directly to the salesperson that I dealt with the first time. He said that their list was at 6, so I gave my refundable deposit and became lucky number 7. A day or so after the pricing was released, by dealership called and said that they had been given their first allocation of 9, so I would be in their first allocation. I went in and they put in my order with the GM workbench. I was told yesterday that my order was accepted, and that I'd have an order number in the next day or so. I have no reason not to believe them, as everything they told me on my C7 was true. Was told the order would be at MSRP, and there may even be some loyalty discount, though I'll believe that when I see it.

So, now the garage is undergoing a little make over, including a lift, so that I can stack my Yellow C7 and my Yellow C8 together.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts