Administrator
15,246 Posts
Very exciting Valpo YnB! :cool:

·
Registered
25 Posts
GM Order Codes:

Event Codes

0500 (DEFINITION OF THIS STATUS IS CURRENTLY UNKNOWN)

1000 ORDER ON HOLDER AT DEALERSHIP

1100 ORDER PLACED AT DEALERSHIP / PRELIMINARY ORDER ACCEPTED

1101 ORDER ENTERED INTO THE SYSTEM

1102*ORDER ENTERED*VIA WEB

2000 ORDER ACCEPTED BY GM

2001*ORDER GENERATED TO DEALER

2005 ORDER REPLACED BY GM PROSPEC ORDER

2030 ORDER*EDITED BY GM

2051 ORDER CHANGED THRU WEB

2500 ORDER PREFERENCED, SENT TO PRODUCTION

3000 ORDER ACCEPTED BY PRODUCTION CONTROL

3100 ORDER AVAILABLE TO SEQUENCE

3300 ORDER SELECTED, SCHEDULED FOR PRODUCITON

3400 ORDER BROADCAST FOR PRODUCTION (LOADED ON ASSEMBLY PLANT COMPUTERS)

3450 IMPORT VEHICLE PRODUCED

3550 IMPORT VEHICLE SHIPPED FROM PORT OF ORIGIN

3575 IMPORT VEHICLE RECEIVED AT PORT OF ENTRY

3800 ORDER PRODUCED, VIN IS AVAILABLE

4000*VEHICLE AVAILABLE TO SHIP

4104 BAILMENT INVOICE

4106 BAILMENT RELEASED

4150 VEHICLE*INVOICED

4B00 ORDER BAYED;*VEHICLE IS WAITING ON TRANSPORTATION OR PULLED FOR QUALITY CONTROL

4200 ORDER SHIPPED

4300 INTERMEDIATE DELIVERY

4800 RAIL RAMP UNLOAD; VEHICLE AT RAIL ROAD DESTINATION AWAITING*TRUCK TRANSPORT TO DEALER

5000*VEHICLE DELIVERED TO DEALER

6000*VEHICLE DELIVERED TO CUSTOMER

9000 ORDER CANCELED

Read more:*http://gmauthority.com/blog/gm-order-tracking/gm-order-event-codes-and-definitions/#ixzz5zmBEiW7y

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
As of right now I still don’t have an order number. I’m my dealer told me all their current orders were above MSRP when I inquired over a month ago. I told them I would not pay over Msrp. They asked for a $5000 deposit to guarantee that (the over msrp people gave a $500 deposit). I did my own spreadsheet with the build information as soon as that was released by GM and sent to dealer. Still no call back. I’ve followed up 3 times now and stopped by this week to ask if I had an order number. The salesman said mine has not been ordered yet and it wasn’t available. I told him that’s not true and many online have order information now. He said he spoke with the sales manager and they have placed 3 orders so far all at above msrp. I was originally the number 3 order and evidently got bumped to number 5 because of people over paying. I asked if I would be bumped anymore and they told me no. Pretty frustrates so far with the communication and lack of caring I have experienced.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
15,246 Posts
As of right now I still don’t have an order number. I’m my dealer told me all their current orders were above MSRP when I inquired over a month ago. I told them I would not pay over Msrp. They asked for a $5000 deposit to guarantee that (the over msrp people gave a $500 deposit). I did my own spreadsheet with the build information as soon as that was released by GM and sent to dealer. Still no call back. I’ve followed up 3 times now and stopped by this week to ask if I had an order number. The salesman said mine has not been ordered yet and it wasn’t available. I told him that’s not true and many online have order information now. He said he spoke with the sales manager and they have placed 3 orders so far all at above msrp. I was originally the number 3 order and evidently got bumped to number 5 because of people over paying. I asked if I would be bumped anymore and they told me no. Pretty frustrates so far with the communication and lack of caring I have experienced.

If possible you might want to change to one of our forum dealerships who are selling the C8 at MSRP and will not mislead you.

·
Registered
3 Posts
If possible you might want to change to one of our forum dealerships who are selling the C8 at MSRP and will not mislead you.
I hate the move now. I’m not sure they would give me my deposit back. We discussed briefly about it being refundable if I decided against the car and they said only if I don’t go somewhere else. (Not sure how they would know). Also, I would hate to be moved to the back of the line somewhere. This dealership is literally 5 minutes from my house so hopefully service after the sale is easy and good too. They did some work on a GMC truck I had a few years ago and had good luck with that.

·
Registered
25 Posts
As long as the strike is on, no one's C8 is being built.
GM Constraints are released weekly on Thursdays.
Many GM suppliers have laid-off their employees due to GM UAW Strike. This will also effect constraints even when Strike is settled. Many of these suppliers will be delayed in catching up .

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
15,246 Posts
I hate the move now. I’m not sure they would give me my deposit back. We discussed briefly about it being refundable if I decided against the car and they said only if I don’t go somewhere else. (Not sure how they would know). Also, I would hate to be moved to the back of the line somewhere. This dealership is literally 5 minutes from my house so hopefully service after the sale is easy and good too. They did some work on a GMC truck I had a few years ago and had good luck with that.

I understand. My suggestion is based on what we saw many non-forum supporting dealers 'promise' and not deliver when the C7 first came out.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I understand. My suggestion is based on what we saw many non-forum supporting dealers 'promise' and not deliver when the C7 first came out.
Well I hope you are wrong on this. I wanted to post my buying experience so far for others to see. I wish I was more excited but I’m hesitant to be so far.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Called my Chev dealer and asked when a C8 will arrive for the showroom. "We have 8 pre orders and don't expect a showroom C8 for a year". Why they don't order one for the dealership, I don't understand. Unless Chev has them on allotment. Just wonder what your experiences have been?
I sold Pontiacs in the early 80's. When the new Firebird became available, only sold consumer orders were being built. I actually sold the first Trans Am to arrive in MN, it was designated for the new car show. It was at the dealership being prepped, I had a buyer and I sold it before we even had paperwork from Pontiac. Nope, it did not make it to the show. (They did have other Firebird models to show)
Dealers had inventory on order, waiting for production space to open up in between sold cars. No, you did not dare order one under a fake name!! You could sell a dealership ordered car and they would then build it.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts