unexpected road debris. The gas mileage
also surprised me. Lastly didn't realize it
would be so much fun to drive.
I love this car.
Geo Vette

·
Registered
172 Posts
The 7 speed manual shift is so smooth I can go through the gears quickly with out missing a shift . Thank you Chevrolet engineers for putting reverse in the lower right . My c5 zo6 is upper right very close to 5th gear .

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
The power of the car, when I hit it how fast I can go! Knew it would be fast never realized how fast!

The fun also, I just love to drive it.

Reactions: U.S. Marine

·
Administrator
16,283 Posts
Great question. The completeness of the entire package without compromises. :cool:

·
Registered
699 Posts
I think my biggest surprise has been just how much my C7 is an extension of me. Over all it responds exactly how I'm thinking at the time. Very intuitive.

·
Registered
810 Posts
Not surprised by anything. My hopes were so high as I waited and waited to get one....when I finally did in May, it completely fulfilled my expectations. I was told how great it was by articles, media, and you. It met all my expectations. No disappointment whatsoever. But I am still blown away, being my first high performance vehicle.

·
Registered
392 Posts
What has surprised me...

The unadvertised bonus of orange peel in the paint.

The dash that squeaks like on old bed.

The lousy navigation.

The lack of an All Weather Performance Tire option when ordering your C7.

The blind eye GM turns on just about every problem.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Damn Z51Stingray - I thought you seemed pretty satisfied with your C7 based on previous posts.

I'm taking delivery in the next week or so - I'll let you know how the new paint process looks on the new ride. I think that GM should offer paint correction for all owners with paint issues. This seems like a no-brainer.

I've never heard about the squeaky dash - perhaps this could be fixed by maintenance.

Navigation sounds like a bit of a nightmare ... but hopefully this can be fixed by an over-the-air update. Honestly I used Google Maps up until recently when I discovered Waze - which is pretty much the most amazing nav app i have ever used. Not sure if GM could ever top Waze.

You got me there with the tire issue ... seems like it should be an option.

GM has been very responsive to me during the initial order placement process. Sorry to hear that they have not been responsible to your issues. This forum seems to be pretty powerful so hopefully someone will address your issues asap.

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
What has surprised me...

When I finally order a car, one of the first options ordered will be a set of Cray Brickyards in machined face black (cost less than the $1495 upgrade to factory machined face wheels, plus, they are forged, not cast). Mounted on those wheels will be a set of Continental ultra high performance all season Extreme Contact DWS tires. And the factory wheels and tires will only be used May through October.

Reactions: Sciros

·
Registered
61 Posts
overall thrilled with the car. but was a bit disappointed with the infotainment. in all fairness, i don't think i would be impressed with any other car either.

BUT, they should have a damn iPad or samsung or some sort of glass (or other much more responsive) touch screen computer instead of that half non responsive up and down thing they have in their now. I didn't have nav in my c6 but i put an aftermarket pioneer in 6 years ago and even it was more responsive. when you can take your phone out of your pocket and enter destination or find songs MUCH quicker than you can using infotainment, whats the point of infotainment. correct me if I'm wrong, but the car has built in wifi, why do i have to have pandora turned on my phone first before using pandora through the car. is there anyway to browse through a playlist using the car screen? or do i have to flip though individual songs? In my opinion an option that would appear to the younger crowds would be the option of an iPad mini or samsung (or anything besides what is in there now). the iPhone that came out 7 years ago is much more responsive to both touch and voice, and responsive navigation. when technology has advanced to where cars now have built in wifi, shouldn't one have the ability to just down load songs straight to the car, instead of STILL relying on there phone.

I almost think they half assed it in an effort to get people to use on star more.

Damn Z51Stingray - I thought you seemed pretty satisfied with your C7 based on previous posts.

I'm taking delivery in the next week or so - I'll let you know how the new paint process looks on the new ride. I think that GM should offer paint correction for all owners with paint issues. This seems like a no-brainer.

I've never heard about the squeaky dash - perhaps this could be fixed by maintenance.

Navigation sounds like a bit of a nightmare ... but hopefully this can be fixed by an over-the-air update. Honestly I used Google Maps up until recently when I discovered Waze - which is pretty much the most amazing nav app i have ever used. Not sure if GM could ever top Waze.

You got me there with the tire issue ... seems like it should be an option.

GM has been very responsive to me during the initial order placement process. Sorry to hear that they have not been responsible to your issues. This forum seems to be pretty powerful so hopefully someone will address your issues asap.

·
Registered
4,607 Posts
I took the OP 's intention to be to discuss the positive surprises. Unless his intent is intended to encompass "all surprises" let's keep this thread on track, and not let it become a "whine-fest". Thanks!

·
Registered
61 Posts
really??

"Was wondering what has surprised you
about your C7.
I have been surprised at how it handled
when I really jerked the wheel to avoid
unexpected road debris. The gas mileage
also surprised me. Lastly didn't realize it
would be so much fun to drive.
I love this car.
Geo Vette"

where is the word positive even mentioned. Not necessarily trying to start a "whine fest". Just stating "what has surprised me about my C7".

I took the OP 's intention to be to discuss the positive surprises. Unless his intent is intended to encompass "all surprises" let's keep this thread on track, and not let it become a "whine-fest". Thanks!

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
OMG sorry I didn't insert the word positive surprises.
Was not intending this to be a whining zone.
My C7 has no paint issues
Dash does not squeak
Tires are awesome
I have no issues at all.
Geo Vette

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
What has surprised me...

The unadvertised bonus of orange peel in the paint.

The dash that squeaks like on old bed.

The lousy navigation.

The blind eye GM turns on just about every problem.
So sorry for all your problems with a totally awesome car. Today at
a corvette get together there were 3 2014 and 1 2015
No one had any issues.

·
Registered
5,453 Posts
My car has been flawless at 6300 miles.....

over everything else, it's how it looks when you're walking toward it in the parking lot, stunning ......and nothing like it in the rest of the lot....

·
Registered
292 Posts
As of this morning with only 55 miles on the Vette, I'm impressed with everything. Working in that small window of the break in period I'm blown away with the overall package of the responsiveness of the A8, the power (even keeping it under 4000rpm), the comfort (at 6'3" I fit in this car), the luxury aspect, and the look of this machine. And my wife is very happy with this buying decision. Having not set any high expectation early on I'm very happy. Of course Torch Red doesn't have anything to do with my enjoyment (yea right). I'm spending the time to read into what this machine is all about especially the electronics. With a few miles under my belt I'll be better equipped to drill down and discuss specifics. But for now just looking at this car finally in our possession is enjoyment in itself. I'd write more but she's calling. Got to get back in the garage and admire this masterpiece.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
As of this morning with only 55 miles on the Vette, I'm impressed with everything. Working in that small window of the break in period I'm blown away with the overall package of the responsiveness of the A8, the power (even keeping it under 4000rpm), the comfort (at 6'3" I fit in this car), the luxury aspect, and the look of this machine. And my wife is very happy with this buying decision. Having not set any high expectation early on I'm very happy. Of course Torch Red doesn't have anything to do with my enjoyment (yea right). I'm spending the time to read into what this machine is all about especially the electronics. With a few miles under my belt I'll be better equipped to drill down and discuss specifics. But for now just looking at this car finally in our possession is enjoyment in itself. I'd write more but she's calling. Got to get back in the garage and admire this masterpiece.
Great news. Drink a Coors for me.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts