Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
18,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks to Kerbeck's folks, we have learned that the visable carbon fiber roof problem is the "joint" between the body-colored paint and the visual carbon fiber, specifically that there is an "edge" or lip" between the two distinct coatings.

·
Registered
680 Posts
Would you share where you got this info, Elegant?

·
Registered
5,453 Posts
he said Kerbeck Chev--dave I asume...interesting...I can only share an experience I had with CF...it's a bitch to work with in volume. A few years ago, in the marine business, many yacht mfrs thought it would be cool to offer CF helm stations...the boat I am very familiar with is Intrepid, a very high end mfr in Florida - they scrapped the idea after getting in many helm dash plates that were never the same, had ripples and went back to mahoganies and acrylic plex....

what concerns me is how do you change your order? At what code can the dealer get in and change it?...I would gladly go to the transparent top if I could change..is it 3000 that locks it for no changes? I don't know...

I did an order based on what I thought would sail thru - no Z51 (I think long term some of this might constrain) see my options in my signature...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts