Stingray Corvette Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Arctic White C7 Z51
571 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
FYI, I called around to the top three Corvette Sales Dealerships and asked the question to the service technical or the appointment scheduler and they all answered yes. So you might want to do the same so that when you are ready you would know where to go. Good Luck!

Wow, that is quite the deal Jeremy! Since several members including you have had such success, I might try that next time RedHot needs an oil change.

·
Registered
2014 Arctic White C7 Z51
571 Posts
Discussion Starter #22 (Edited)
I was trying to create a voting survey but couldn't figure it out on the site but maybe only admins can do polls or surveys or voting type posts? Anyhow, this thread might be appropriate to piggyback off since it's about the oil you are purchasing.

I was in COSTCO yesterday and what jumped out at me on end cap was their Kirkland Signature 5w30 Full Synthetic Oil. The Costco Kirkland brand in many items are very good and they are pretty meticulous with their branded products and I just wonder is this actually Mobil1 5w30 just re-branded to capture an additional market of customers?

Keep in mind, this is along the lines of Brand vs Generic in Prescription Drugs. Many of the generic drug companies are now owned by the Big Brand companies that in simple terms change the color and shape of the exact same pill and those that want the brand pays the branded higher price and those that want savings take a chance on the generic at cheaper price not doing unbeknownst to them they are really the same drug. The drug company is a win-win because they are getting revenue regardless of which you purchase.

So, this brings me to the question of would you use the Costco branded "Kirkland Signature 5w30 Full Synthetic Oil" that cost $27 for 5-Quart 2-Pack in your C7.....Why/Why Not?

·
Administrator
15,764 Posts
Interesting question. Here is a pretty extensive review of that Costco oil:

Reactions: kgrant

·
Administrator
15,764 Posts
OK, back to your question kgrant: "would you use the Costco branded "Kirkland Signature 5w30 Full Synthetic Oil" that cost $27 for 5-Quart 2-Pack in your C7.....Why/Why Not?" If I changed the oil myself in RedHot, I might consider it, especially based on the review I posted in #23 above. However, I really like my dealer, have a great relationship with their top Corvette Service Manager and continue to have them do the oil and filter changes on RedHot. Since I use my GM Loyalty Rewards, the cost of the change is minimal each time. :cool:

Reactions: kgrant

·
Registered
119 Posts
Mobil 1 5W-30 and the warranty correct GM-Delco filter. I take my 2015 C7 to my local independent mechanic who works on anything but is known for Corvettes. He supplies the oil and filter and total cost is $79.99. I hang out in his waiting room and I'm out of there in 30 minutes or less.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thanks and which filter are you using?

I wonder why they say "high mileage" in the heading but that is not on the container.... Website typo by Walmart perhaps? I checked other sites and they don't have the "high mileage" so just typo on Walmart's site.

Wow, you can't beat Walmart's 3x 5 quarts for $58 so if I am not mistaken, I can get six 5-quarts for $116 and enough for 3 oil changes because I believe it takes 9 quarts and FREE 2-day delivery..

View attachment 277236
I'm kind of new here but enjoying your thread. My dealer has a "quick change" oil change service. Rarely had to wait. One of the guys changing a few changes ago, that I could bring my own oil and pay, I think it was 35 bucks. Still a better deal than the normal way. Like a dummy, I keep forgetting to get the oil before I go!
Thanks again for your question and to al that answered. BTW, with the Z51 pkg, I believe it takes 10 quarts.

·
Administrator
15,764 Posts
Welcome to our forum C7=heaven.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts