Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Not happy with stock tires on the track?

·
Registered
258 Posts
Hoosier R7 or R6 is about as close as you are going to get. Easier if it is I not a Z51 as they do not make a 20" yet. If there is a demand then Hoosier sometimes will step up to the plate. Wheel / rim width may be an issue too.

Yokohama Advan AO48 available for fronts but again nothing for the rears on Standard Stingray. None for Z51 front or rear.

C7.R uses 18" front and rear with Michelin's.

Easiest would be ZO7 tires. Prepare to pay $600-700 per corner though.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Not happy with stock tires on the track?
They are great and sticky but overheat quick they are street tires not track tires.. I up'ed pressure a lot kept from over heating but lost grip down to amount when it gets a lil greasy like 1.05Gs

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hoosier R7 or R6 is about as close as you are going to get. Easier if it is I not a Z51 as they do not make a 20" yet. If there is a demand then Hoosier sometimes will step up to the plate. Wheel / rim width may be an issue too.

Yokohama Advan AO48 available for fronts but again nothing for the rears on Standard Stingray. None for Z51 front or rear.

C7.R uses 18" front and rear with Michelin's.

Easiest would be ZO7 tires. Prepare to pay $600-700 per corner though.
well my 325/25R20 just barely rub. 335s from Z07 will rub lol
Yeah if i had 18s be easy lol..
Only R-Compund I found was the Dunlop Max Race but heard bad things. Tires roll over..

But just right now found Pirelli Corsa System which I thought Pirelli stopped making...
http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Pirelli&tireModel=P+Zero+Corsa+System

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
How much more life will you get out of a set of track tires? My street tires are only going to last about five or six tracks days with the amount of wear I have on them after three track days. I have not done the track alignment yet. I'm lowing the car on after market bolts and doing the alignment before next season. I'm thinking of taking the car off the road and only tracking it next year. One of the vendors on the site has 18" track rims. I just have a hard time with the over $4,000 price.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
How much more life will you get out of a set of track tires? My street tires are only going to last about five or six tracks days with the amount of wear I have on them after three track days. I have not done the track alignment yet. I'm lowing the car on after market bolts and doing the alignment before next season. I'm thinking of taking the car off the road and only tracking it next year. One of the vendors on the site has 18" track rims. I just have a hard time with the over $4,000 price.
Not sure but it will be less life.. I usually do half the day at a track event because of my bad back so mine lasted 15K miles and I could of got more.. It was just touching the wear bars on the inside.. I only replaced because long drive to watkins glen 2 track days then next week end at Poconos so was worried lol..

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Nitto NT01s possibly.

Fronts are close and rears are exact.

NT01 D.O.T.-Compliant Competition Road Course Tire
Yea might work. Rear tire inch taller front 10mm narrower.

Also found continental new tire Contiforce Contact
Front perfect Z51 match. Rear 10mm wider.
Review against Pilot sport cup wasn't bad
http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires...ontiForceContact&partnum=435ZR9CFCXL&i1_Qty=2

Contiforce has a lot more tread so more streetable and way better in the rain but doesn't lose too much dry grip
http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tests/testDisplay.jsp?ttid=184

1 - 9 of 9 Posts