Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay... So picking up my beauty in Friday. Flying in.... An driving her home. What should I expect to be upsold on when I get there??? And what is worth my hard earned greenbacks..... And what is not? Also... Wouldn't like to spend an eternity there at the dealership getting add ons or what not. Thanks!!!!

·
Registered
810 Posts
Ditto. Better off establishing a 'repair fund' that you regularly deposit some money into each month to take care of tire replacements, etc.

·
Registered
3,718 Posts
For me it was a $700 dollar protection package. After I declined I asked why they would suggest that considering the owners manual advises against after market clear-coating. My guy just smiled and that was all they tried to sell me.

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
A salesman trying to sell you something...who'd have dreamed it!

·
Registered
147 Posts
I was offered an extended warranty, wheel & tire insurance, interior and paint protection plan and, if you can believe it, a dent removal package. I declined all of it.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I purchased the wheel protection due to the extreme numbers of potholes here in Chicago. One bent rim will cover the price of it.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I opted to ONLY take the wheel/tire replacement and have already used it when I found a screw in one of the rear tires. Dealer took care of it no charge.

·
Registered
7,930 Posts
usmcstinger, read your paperwork line by line before you sign. Do you need Gap insurance? , if so Marine or Navy Federal beats any dealers cost. The Vette is yours,just take your time on the paperwork like an Op Order, attention to detail. When you have met your objective go drive the wheels off that C7 and have a blast!!

SF
Rick

·
Registered
10 Posts
I bought mine at Kerbeck in Atlantic City on December 23. Best car purchase experience of my life. They did not try to sell me anything extra. In fact the representative made clear upfront he was not a salesman. He said you don't sell corvettes. Corvette buyers don't need to be sold...they need their questions answered. They had 20+ on the floor. In two hours I was driving home in a new torch red stingray.

·
Registered
7,930 Posts
Jpd1111, welcome aboard and congrats on your new C7. Another Torch Red Masterpiece Outstanding! Post some pictures when you get a break from driving the wheels off your Vette.

SF
Rick

1 - 12 of 12 Posts