Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Happy about my new c7 i orderd today.Wish the" build it yourself" was on chevys site but gave my deposit today...one question, the dealer told me dec. and i did notice there were some stripe options but didnt know to much about it. do you guys know how much more the stripe options are and are they painted on??? sorry i am a chevy newbe.....thank oh ya happy soon to be owner of a 14 white z51 1lt MSR, blk wheels red calipers, nav, carbon flash mirror and spoiler. and remote start. :p

·
Registered
758 Posts
Chevrolet will be offering two types of exterior stripes for the 2014 Corvette Stingray, the Full Length Dual Racing Stripe and the Stinger Hood Stripe.

Chevy updated the 2014 Corvette Stingray Order Guide to show that the full dual length stripes will be available in multiple colors. (RPO listed in parentheses) :

(DTP) Blade Silver
(DTH) Carbon Flash (Metallic Black)
(DTR) Crystal Red
(DTN) Cyber Gray
(DTQ) Inferno Orange

The Stinger Stripe also gained a new color as well. Carbon Flash (DTW), Cyber Gray (DTZ) has now been added.

As if you would want the two to match, but a special note is that you cannot order the same color stripe as the color of your car.

Stripes are typically vinyl from the factory, but I am not 100% sure about the C7.

Hope that helps.

I lived in PCB for about 2 years! Welcome to the boards!

·
Registered
141 Posts
Lots of C7 pics from ALMS - Corvette Forum
There are basically two stripes available, in multiple colors. I have my car coming with a carbon flash continuing back from the hood vent and the alternate you can see in the link. I dont know for sure but I beleive they are painted.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks I have a challenger 392 that has stripes, but they are not painted on like the viper, I am so happy about my new baby.......... think I may call my dealer and add the stinger stripe

·
Registered
141 Posts
As I said earlier I have ordered the Carbon Flash Stripe, but have had 2nd thoughts. I recently had our C6 cstriped by a lacal custom striper. To do the stripping on the C6 cost me less than the Carbon black stripe would cost fron GM, $500. I plan on having the same person stripe my C7 when it arrives. something to consider. stripesback1.jpg The stripe goes from nose to tail

·
Registered
81 Posts
white z51 1lt MSR, blk wheels red calipers, nav, carbon flash mirror and spoiler. and remote start. :p
Welcome! Same configuration as me except I added the performance exhaust.

IMHO - If you haven't already, get the dual mode exhaust before the stripe. Better sounding and more HP, how can you go wrong?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts