Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All

My vette is now at the dealer to check on a wind noise coming from the passenger side rear. To me it sounds like the leak is behind the speaker behind the passenger's head.

Additionally the car pulls to the right a bit. Sometimes more than others but it is an almost constant issue and sometimes severe.

Has anyone else had these issues or know how to correct them?

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Corvette Stingray Forum

·
Administrator
16,283 Posts
Haven't experienced either with RedHot but re the wind noise, suggest you remove and reinstall the roof panel. It is possible to not have it fully seated in the back and still get it to close. The result will be wind leak at some speeds.:cool:

·
Registered
4,607 Posts
Hello All
My vette is now at the dealer to check on a wind noise coming from the passenger side rear. To me it sounds like the leak is behind the speaker behind the passenger's head.
Additionally the car pulls to the right a bit. Sometimes more than others but it is an almost constant issue and sometimes severe.
Has anyone else had these issues or know how to correct them?
Thanks
I have read of both issues being a problem for a couple of owners. I think you will find that there is a poor weather seal fitment that is causing the wind noise. I seem to recall the other "pull to the right" complaints came from other Z-51 owners and they were able to get their dealer to remedy that issue as well as the wind noise issue.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info guys. I let everyone know what I find out and how these issues were fixed

·
Registered
4,607 Posts
I've looked around and have found a couple of possible fixes. This first one you might try. Wind noise issue: "I had severe wind noise in the cabin. It sounded like it was coming from the right rear, at the hatch, but I didn't see anything wrong there. After inspecting everything, I noticed that the right front corner of the roof panel was sticking up higher than the left side, and there was water in the gaskets there. I pushed the rubber grommet on the guide post down, and this allowed the top to seat better. This helped diminish, but not eliminate the noise. Looking more closely, I noticed the right side gasket was not quite as far forward as the left, so I pushed it forward, working from the rear of the panel, about 3-4 mm, which allowed for a tighter seal to the A pillar gasket. Note that it doesn't move easily. And finally, I pushed and prodded the A pillar gasket until it was seated better. This finally got rid of the wind noise issue."

The pull to the right might be a harder nut to crack. I've read that it might be as simple as a front end re-alignment or the actual replacement of a faulty tire.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Awesome! The car is at the dealer now to address the issues. I will pass this along to them and inspect personally when I see the car next. Great info and thanks for the reply!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.