The day James Williams from Arlington, Texas was buying his 2002 Chevy Corvette Z06 the dealership's salesman slammed his hand on his desk and asked a question Williams. Find out what happened next.
Original source: TorqueNews.com
I originally bought this 2002 Corvette Z06 to drag race. That lasted about a year before motor was trashed, so after putting a ton of money into the car I decided to turn it into a show car.
It's the first car that I have owned that I have a true love for, the aggressive look that has haunted me for years is now complete and is a true style of the "bad boy" that's instilled in me. My car is me with the attitude to go along with it .
I stumbled across this Corvette, when getting ready to buy a 2010 Ford Cobra. I had actually told the salesman there at the Ford dealership in Arlington, Texas that I needed another day to think about the 65,000 dollar investment to I was was fixing to make. The man actually slammed his hand on his desk and said Mr. Williams what kinda of car are you really wanting. I told him that red Z06 is really what I am wanting, but there is no way that I could afford a Vette.
The guy looks at me and just laughs and says Mr. Williams that Corvette is 45,000 dollars cheaper than the cobra that you are fixing to buy. Thus, I bought the car. That's why it's special to me , I was stunned. This 2002 Corvette Z06 is my East Texas Beauty now.
- 2009 Z06 Spyders wheels
- Rear tires 325/30/19 X 12 ----- 57 mm offset made for the C5 corvette extremely rare to find these without having to tub the rear end or use a spacer
- Carbon Fiber pieces are all from American HydroCarbon
- Front chin splitter is a ZR1 style made for a C5 Z06
- Side Skirts are also ZR1 style made for a C5 Z 06
- Rear Spoiler also Carbon fiber
- Corvette is a 2002 Z06
- It's been heavily modded , it has the original block still in the car , it is now a true 383 cubic inch
- PRC heads
- 4 inch crank
- High output oil pump
- Springs , rods , valves have all been upgraded
- Mallory high output fuel pump
- Dewitt's radiator
- Monster clutch
- Kooks headers and H pipe
- Magna Flow exhaust
- All motor upgrades were performed by East Texas Muscle Cars owner Stephen Covington
- Car will run in the mid 7s in the 1/8 mile