Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a Deposit on a 2015 at my Local Dealer and they also support the Corvette Club that i'm VP of. The Sales Mgr and the Salesman have told me I'm number 1 on the Allocation on a 2015. My question does anyone know when will the prices and Opt. be listed so we can bulid the car in the system?

·
18,669 Posts
Last year, which was earlier than typical/usual, GM announced the StingRay's pricing at the NCM Bash, on April 26th. Thinking, as per the above post by "davelv," that the end of May is the probable time this year.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
With price change on the 2014 I would hope there would be no real change in the Base pricing. I'm looking for the price of the PDR and making sure the TSG will be available start of the 2015 Production.

·
Registered
4,656 Posts
A dealer I spoke with, one with a lot of allocation, believes the 2015 initial price increase will be under $500 but expects at least another $1000 increase in October.

Sent from my iPad using Corvette Stingray Forum

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
A dealer I spoke with, one with a lot of allocation, believes the 2015 initial price increase will be under $500 but expects at least another $1000 increase in October.

I don't like any increase but could live with $500. I hope the PDR will be $500 or even be added to the 3LT Pkg.

·
Registered
4,656 Posts
I don't like any increase but could live with $500. I hope the PDR will be $500 or even be added to the 3LT Pkg.
My guess, PDR will be around $1500 just based on what similar aftermarket systems go for. It's a lot more than a pencil cam or a go pro.

·
Registered
10,418 Posts
My guess, PDR will be around $1500 just based on what similar aftermarket systems go for. It's a lot more than a pencil cam or a go pro.

Do aftermarket systems really cost that much? I find that so surprising. Aren't the only real differences from a Go Pro the following? A PDR has CANBUS-like access (which is also available on the OBD-II connector, right?), and a GPS.

At 1500 there is an enormous amount of profit there!

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Do aftermarket systems really cost that much? I find that so surprising. Aren't the only real differences from a Go Pro the following? A PDR has CANBUS-like access (which is also available on the OBD-II connector, right?), and a GPS.

$1500 would be $505 more than its worth with the price inc. and the 2015 inc.yet to come.

·
Registered
4,656 Posts

Yep, with a camera, all the links, mounts and software START at $1500 and go up well past $5000.

http://store.traqmate.com/default.asp
http://www.chasecam.com/KIT-DK1
http://www.race-keeper.com/catalog/3/racekeeper_kits_and_systems

·
18,669 Posts

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Maybe I should have said... No disrespect, but is May 29th the best info that anyone has?
Would like to see this from GM if it has been published.

·
18,669 Posts
The May ordering time period is consistent with a post by an honest, reliable Corvette dealer, Ken Fichtner, though to be clear, this is an estimate he made in January, not based on any info GM's has shared with its dealers. He stated that,

"I anticipate seeing order guides and the ability to submit orders in May."

Again, GM has not told its dealers a definitive time period as of yet.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Maybe I should have said... No disrespect, but is May 29th the best info that anyone has?
Would like to see this from GM if it has been published.
Edited.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The May ordering time period is consistent with a post by an honest, reliable Corvette dealer, Ken Fichtner, though to be clear, this is an estimate he made in January, not based on any info GM's has shared with its dealers. He stated that,

"I anticipate seeing order guides and the ability to submit orders in May."

Again, GM has not told its dealers a definitive time period as of yet.
elegant,

I got a call from my dealer today and said he has gotten the Allolaction info and thanks order and pricing will be ready late June. is that what you have heard or is May still looking good.

·
18,669 Posts
FCCCVP,

Dealers are getting order books late May, allocations early/mid June, and June 26 is the first date that dealers, with allocation, can submit orders. Above information totally consistent with the following post made by Ken Fichtner, Fichtner Chevrolet, when he wrote: "Dealers can begin submitting order requests within allocations on June 26, 2014."

These dates are later than first posted, consistent with GM producing 2014 StingRay's much later than the typical model year, e.g. production through August. 8th.

·
Registered
118 Posts
On a similar matter, When is the last date that dealers will be given allocations for the 2014 model? Since they are being built until August 8th, I would think it would probably be the end of June????

I am still waiting for my price protected order from my dealer to be picked up. I am very slowly moving up the list(when I ordered I was told that the allocation for my order would probably be picked up in late May if all went accordingly).

Hopefully I'll be getting one of the last Z51s built (at the old price) or I'll have to spend a few thousand more but get a 2015.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

I think you will be proven to be Very Close to your est. pricing

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
FCCCVP,

Dealers are getting order books late May, allocations early/mid June, and June 26 is the first date that dealers, with allocation, can submit orders. Above information totally consistent with the following post made by Ken Fichtner, Fichtner Chevrolet, when he wrote: "Dealers can begin submitting order requests within allocations on June 26, 2014."

These dates are later than first posted, consistent with GM producing 2014 StingRay's much later than the typical model year, e.g. production through August. 8th.
John,

Do we have any idea when we should be seeing pricing based on order dates of June 26?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts