Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When will they actually start making the cars?
How long before the start making ones with auto transmissions?

·
Registered
873 Posts
When will they actually start making the cars?
How long before the start making ones with auto transmissions?
If you read some of the posts here and in the Stingray Z06 purchasing sub-forum, you will find the TPW (Target Production Week) for the first customer Z06s is Nov 3. Also, Chevy has stated a 1-2 month delay for A8 cars.

Reactions: Z06 Man

·
18,670 Posts
Now comes a related question, i.e., when will the first customer Z06 start down the production line? Think a poll will be forthcoming in the next few minutes.

·
Registered
873 Posts
Now comes a related question, i.e., when will the first customer Z06 start down the production line? Think a poll will be forthcoming in the next few minutes.
Well, John, since they can start coming of the line on Monday, Nov 3rd, I'm gonna vote for Thursday, Oct 30th.

·
Registered
10,542 Posts

·
Registered
873 Posts

·
Registered
10,542 Posts
I'm using an app on my IPad, and don't see the poll. I did post in that thread, though. I went to web view to vote.

My big question is when do the A8 Z06s start coming down the line. Enquiring minds want to know!!!
I think you are spot-on for the start of Z06 production.

John has said the A8 will be delayed one to two months on the Z06.

·
18,670 Posts
GM said one to two months delay for convertibles and the eight-speed autos. Since first consensus was September 18th, could be as soon as the October 16th consensus (hope!!!).

If, unfortunately, it is two months, would be the November 13th consensus.

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
I believe the delay to the auto cars is because GM discovered they have to make modification to the cooling for the auto. My guess they need this time to be sure it's right and tested.

·
Registered
873 Posts
TPP of the first consensus was stated as 9/29 - 10/19, so who knows.
In the Constraint update thread, post #1014 IIRC, they show the constraints for the Sep 18th consensus cycle. This is the first Z06 consensus. It shows a TPW of 3 Nov, if I'm reading it correctly.

Reactions: elegant

·
18,670 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Two weeks ago there was a salesman from a Chevy dealer posting on the other forum that he was going to have a C7 Z06 "on the ground in about 6 weeks". Even when a few members pointed out that he was being unrealistic, he continued to state 6-weeks, lol.
S.

Reactions: elegant

·
Registered
40 Posts
On 9/17/14 we took delivery of our C7 at the Museum. When we took our tour of the plant, there were several Z06's mixed in the line with the rest of the various models being produced. We also watched a Z06 come off the line. So I'm not sure if these were being produced for some special purpose, or for filling orders. 9/17 was a Wednesday, and we were told by our guide that the Z06's had started being produced on that Monday, 9/15.

·
Registered
306 Posts
^ Whoa, nice! I would guess CTF's for that early batch... for final QC testing prior to retail units.

·
Registered
10,542 Posts
Two weeks ago there was a salesman from a Chevy dealer posting on the other forum that he was going to have a C7 Z06 "on the ground in about 6 weeks". Even when a few members pointed out that he was being unrealistic, he continued to state 6-weeks, lol.
S.
Snorman, it will be "on the ground" at that time, just like he said... It will be sitting parked "on the ground" right out back behind the assembly plant in Bowling Green. :)

Reactions: Snorman and elegant

·
18,670 Posts
On 9/17/14 we took delivery of our C7 at the Museum. When we took our tour of the plant, there were several Z06's mixed in the line with the rest of the various models being produced. We also watched a Z06 come off the line. So I'm not sure if these were being produced for some special purpose, or for filling orders. 9/17 was a Wednesday, and we were told by our guide that the Z06's had started being produced on that Monday, 9/15.
You are right that Z06's have been coming down the line sporadically since about mid-September; those, as you mentioned, are all for testing. Despite our wishing and hoping (good line from an old song), nor comments from dealers nor others, not one Z06 car specifically ordered by a customer nor a dealer has started down the assembly line! Nor will a single customer Z06 car be received in November, let alone early December.

There are some of the captured test fleet that have been going down the line, cars that later will be sold to customers, but that is a whole different thing and they will not be available until sometime in calendar year 2015.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts