Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,607 Posts
You know this same thing happened back in 2006 with the launch of the Pontiac Solstice. GM diverted all of the early production run to a closed GM plant in Baltimore MD. It turned out that the seals on the convertible top needed to be replaced due to water penetration issues. Pontiac had gone to great lengths to make a big deal with the launch of this car with its intro. being done on Trump's show and viewer's being able to go online and register to buy one. It did not go well. The website crashed and a lot of people were very upset with the whole deal. I sure hope they have things in hand for this QC hold.

·
Registered
5,453 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
here's s another enigmatic post from a GM'er on another board:

Man. Wish I could tell you what I know about Nashville...
I know this post will make me look like an attention whoring douche, I am well aware of that, but:
I think folks waiting for their car stashed away in Nashville should know that GM is doing the right thing here, they are really doing the best they can to get you guys a world class car and while other OEMs would just release initial problem child rides to the public and fix 'em later during a "free oil change" GM is getting 'em straight from day one.
Some of you will not see their car for another little bit, but it will be worth it, trust me.

Yes, SW flashes are part of what's going on, but as you guys have expected, that's not what's causing a delay the length of what's being experienced right now.
Some of this stuff is minor and the owner would probably never know...
But like I said, GM is making sure they're going it once - and right.

·
Registered
680 Posts
FOR THOSE OF YOU IN NASHVILLE, I JUST FOUND OUT MY CAR THERE HAS BEEN "BAYED" AGAIN!!! We shall see if GM is going to do another QT on my vehicle at another rail yard in another State? Just kidding ... I hope!

·
Registered
192 Posts
I found out on Tuesday that my soon-to-be LMG is in Nashville. Does anyone have any experience with how long cars are there before being sent to the dealer?

·
Registered
680 Posts
Mine was there a week. 9/17 through 9/24... got my C7 yesterday in Texas!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts