Stingray Corvette Forum banner

2021 - 2040 of 2080 Posts

·
Registered
874 Posts
Renee and I will be wheeling around NC trying to avoid the roofing nails from all these roofs being replaced. It is perfect wheeling weather to head in any direction.

SF
Rick
Hope you have a great drive and don’t get nailed. :rolleyes:

Reactions: U.S. Marine

·
Registered
10,284 Posts
I just got a screw in my driver's side rear on Caroline. That makes two (one in each rear tire) in just a matter of a few weeks. I hadn't had one before that since about 2007.

·
Registered
3,202 Posts
Like Rick above I'm driving to run our grappling class in Fort Worth at 10am, all invited, then to no where taking the long way home.

·
Registered
874 Posts
We plan to get out for a while too. Nowhere special, just get out and blow the stink off.
Had a nail in my truck tire yesterday, hope that’s all for me.

·
Registered
7,930 Posts
I just got a screw in my driver's side rear on Caroline. That makes two (one in each rear tire) in just a matter of a few weeks. I hadn't had one before that since about 2007.
Rodney, I have to post it,"talk about getting screwed"! :nightmare:

SF
Rick

·
Registered
874 Posts
Made a full day trip yesterday. An hour fourty five up to Washington MO and ate lunch and then along the Missouri River bottom over to Herman MO. Lots of good fall color and twisty roads. Shot some video on the PDR. Will try to post later.

·
Registered
7,930 Posts
plasboy, reads like you experienced some awesome wheel time.

SF
Rick

·
Registered
874 Posts
Yes it was a good day. Had one group of folks about our age admiring the car as we parked along the street. One of the guys offered to valet park it and everyone laughed. He had one arm in a sling and I said the last one must have got away from him and one of his buddies said no the owner caught him. Another good laugh there.

·
Registered
3,202 Posts
Awesome story! How close to Kansas City, MO? I'll be there every Monday night for a few more weeks if interested..... I need to compare Texas BBQ to MO style every week. Lol

·
Registered
874 Posts
Awesome story! How close to Kansas City, MO? I'll be there every Monday night for a few more weeks if interested..... I need to compare Texas BBQ to MO style every week. Lol
Oh I’m over four hours away and Washington MO is about 3.5 hours from KC. Should be lots of good places around KC but it’s a little different than Saint Louis BBQ.

·
Administrator
15,692 Posts

·
Administrator
15,692 Posts
Reactions: Ateupjoe

·
Registered
3,202 Posts
Yesterday afternoon while surfing this and other forums, all of a sudden we lost power. Hmmm wondering why my bride says hey jump in the vette and go see what's up. Five nanoseconds later I was off.....found out someone was transporting a home right around the corner from our subdivision and they had temporarily cut power. Was back on an hour later.

My ride took 45 minutes to go fill up, etc, etc.

IMG_4136.JPG

Reactions: jsvette

·
Registered
255 Posts
Tis the Season....

Not our current Vette, but our previous 60th Anniv 427 out on Christmas Eve 2013. Current '17 GS is a coupe and doesn't have the same impact driving around blasting Christmas toons....

Strake's Santa 427 Vert.jpg

Reactions: Ateupjoe

·
Registered
3,202 Posts

·
Administrator
15,692 Posts

·
Registered
965 Posts
I spent some time last night and today just driving around town and in the nearby countryside, testing out my new Pedal Commander. Here’s a photo of the installed Pedal Commander, which is controlled via Bluetooth by their phone app.

BEBA01DC-FE36-4319-95DD-40A7636F6795.jpeg

I was also following orders from my new doctor.

36FB2461-5231-4ED4-81E7-61FDB6EA32BB.jpeg

·
Administrator
15,692 Posts
2021 - 2040 of 2080 Posts