Stingray Corvette Forum banner
2081 - 2100 of 2122 Posts

·
Registered
79 one owner, 2001 coupe, 2015 Z06
882 Posts
Took a 31/2 hour drive to Eureka Springs AR this weekend. Unofficial Corvette Weekend since it was canceled but quite a few cars there. Had a Corvettes and Coffee on Saturday morning.

·
Administrator
16,940 Posts
Took RedHot on a nice top off drive with the local Porsche Club (before RedHot, I owned a custom ordered Porsche) for a couple hundred mile round trip from Vegas out to the eastern part of Valley of Fire.

For more pictures please see Stingray Corvette Forum

Reactions: CAB6 and plasboy

·
Administrator
16,940 Posts
Nice shots Kyle! Thanks for sharing. (y)

Reactions: kgrant (Kyle)

·
Registered
2014 Z51
53 Posts
If I’m on the wrong forum, I apologize. But I do have a problem I’m hoping someone out there can assist me with. I managed to scrape my passenger side, front wheel on my 2014 Stingray Z51. How should I proceed? Repair Or replacement. I want to keep price reasonable. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

·
Registered
2014 Arctic White C7 Z51
1,735 Posts
You might want to share alittle more information to better assist:

1) show a picture of the damage
2) front or rear wheel
3) what color wheel
4) seems like a repair and repaint or touch up might be the least expensive
5) what city are you located as shipping can become expensive

If I’m on the wrong forum, I apologize. But I do have a problem I’m hoping someone out there can assist me with. I managed to scrape my passenger side, front wheel on my 2014 Stingray Z51. How should I proceed? Repair Or replacement. I want to keep price reasonable. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

·
Registered
2014 Z51
53 Posts

2) front or rear wheel
3) what color wheel

2) front or rear wheel
3) what color wheel

2) front or rear wheel
3) what color wheel
4) seems like a repair and repaint or touch up might be the least expensive0

·
Administrator
16,940 Posts
My suggestion, if it isn't losing air, is to take it to a specialty wheel repair shop and see what they say. They can do some pretty amazing stuff a lot less expensive than replacing the wheel.

·
Registered
2014 Arctic White C7 Z51
1,735 Posts
I sent you private message.... I couldn’t see the damage clearly so I had to lighten it up. A used when depending on where you find it will cost $250+ and not sure what a repair will cost. Also, saw OEM replica on eBay for few hundred. Do Google search and it will yield various options.....

Tire Green Automotive tire Automotive wheel system Wheel

Green Eye Headgear Shadow Photography

It is front. It’s a factory, black Z51stock wheel. Im currently in Mesa, Az. Thanx for replying View attachment 278760

·
Registered
2014 Z51
53 Posts
I will follow your advice. I am currently in the Phoenix area (until April). So I will go online and see what I can find.

You sound like a guy who’s been around the block a time or two. Thanx.

·
Registered
5,251 Posts
Drove to my Corvette Club's first in person meeting since last September (which was the first one since the previous March). Both held outdoors.

·
Registered
2 Posts
:)
Sorry I haven't been on here in a while...I am headed to Kodiak Alaska with the military for 3 years. I have sold my last 2 corvettes for the same reason throughout the years and I refuse to do it this time! So the museum will be hanging on to him for me! Very excited and thankful but very sad at the same time :(

415/500
LB 3LT Z51
Love It!!
She be well care for
(y):)

·
Premium Member
61 Posts
I live in Juneau. I have been to Kodiak and they probably have more road system than we do. I don't know what their roads are like but they were not in bad shape then. This was in the 70s. Thank you for your service..

2081 - 2100 of 2122 Posts