Stingray Corvette Forum banner

21 - 40 of 2046 Posts

·
Registered
993 Posts
Beautiful day cruzin Pacific Coast highway in the Newport Beach to Laguna Beach area. Top down on Star, cool ocean breeze. Doesn't get any better. :cool:

Michael
Nice drive. Wish I was there to do the same.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Please post pics if you're in a scenic spot guys! :)

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
No rides this weekend. Stingray is parked in the garage, battery tender on, and car cover. I am in NYC visiting my adult son. When we were in Times Square yesterday, there was a very large StingRay advertisement from Chevrolet. Very cool!
Here is a picture I took: image.jpg . I did see a Ferrari, 1000 BMWs, but no StingRays

·
Administrator
15,034 Posts
Just got back from a 340 mile round trip to Area 51 today. Will post a couple of pictures once I remember more- the aliens were out in force...:rolleyes:..But what I do know is the Stingray performed exquisitely: for the 340 miles including stops, city driving, etc., my average speed was 61 mph (so obviously the low city speeds were off set by some enthusiastic driving), my mpg was 27.6, all of the driving was done in Tour or Sport (for the enthusiastic parts :D ), the ambient temp ranged from mid 80s in the morning to 100 in the afternoon, cross winds were in the 25-35 mph range. The high ambient temperature gave a great test of the dot matrix film I put on my transparent roof panel http://www.stingrayforums.com/forum/stingray-how-s-guides/4281-transparent-panel-sun-guard.html . It worked so well that I actually ran my AC at 1 degree warmer than before installing it, and found that because of the film the entire cabin remained delightfully cool. That was a well worthwhile investment of $16 bucks!

P1060814.jpg
aliens.jpg

I don't recall much after that...:cool:

·
Registered
993 Posts
Close to 400 miles yesterday to spend the day at the races. All that to get 4 passes down the track. Didn't get time slips as the wind came up and the BUAWAY (blew away for real). Here's the last run.
Sunday, washed all the dirt off.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Sick of crappy GM service and losing faith in this car. Drove over 200 miles looking for yet another Gallardo. I want a Spyder to go with my LP570-4 Superleggera. If I can find the right color combinations on a manual shift with less than 5000 miles, I'll swap.

Sent from my iPad using Corvette Stingray Forum

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Well, it's only Monday but we do have plans for Star this Saturday. Star will be off to get Expel Ultimate installed on everything in front of the doors. I'll feel better about long distances after that. ;)

Michael

·
Registered
119 Posts
This will be a bittersweet weekend. Saturday I take #415 to the museum...I am very excited that he will have a great home for the next 3 years but I am going to be very emotional saying goodbye!!!

415/500
LB 3LT Z51
Love It!!

·
Registered
119 Posts
Amanda415,
What's happening? Please share.

Michael
Sorry I haven't been on here in a while...I am headed to Kodiak Alaska with the military for 3 years. I have sold my last 2 corvettes for the same reason throughout the years and I refuse to do it this time! So the museum will be hanging on to him for me! Very excited and thankful but very sad at the same time :(

415/500
LB 3LT Z51
Love It!!

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Will it be on display in a specific area? We'll have to all visit it for you!

·
Registered
119 Posts
Will it be on display in a specific area? We'll have to all visit it for you!
It will not be on display the entire time and I'm not 100% sure where it will be. Maybe I'll find out more this weekend, but my understanding right now is it will be on display for the Bash, so I hope I get a pic from someone!

415/500
LB 3LT Z51
Love It!!

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
It will not be on display the entire time and I'm not 100% sure where it will be. Maybe I'll find out more this weekend, but my understanding right now is it will be on display for the Bash, so I hope I get a pic from someone!

415/500
LB 3LT Z51
Love It!!
OK. Let us know what you learn. We will look for it in November it if it is out for all to see. ;)

Actually, if you learn it will be on display sometimes, maybe you should start your own thread about it, explain your story again, and whenever someone visits it we can take a pic for you? Just a thought..

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Wow.. that sounds great Glen! We hope you tell us all about it when you return.

·
Registered
436 Posts
21 - 40 of 2046 Posts