Stingray Corvette Forum banner

Where will you be driving in your Corvette this weekend?

357K views 2K replies 378 participants last post by  martinjekson11 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Now that we have our StingRay, Star, home in SoCal I am asked where we are driving for the weekend. So I thought I might ask what you all might be up to all over North America on the weekend!

We're gonna be cruising around Orange County and taking in some of the cooler weather.

#2 ·
Our corvette club meets for breakfast every Saturday morning. It’s about a 20 mile drive to the restaurant mostly interstate so the Stingray gets to stretch its legs a little. :D

We also meet for dinner every Saturday evening sometimes going to a nearby town for dinner but this weekend it’s about 5 blocks from my house. :(

Since I have the Stingray out anyway I usually pick a good twisty road and go for a little drive between meals.

#2,101 ·
Our corvette club meets for breakfast every Saturday morning. It’s about a 20 mile drive to the restaurant mostly interstate so the Stingray gets to stretch its legs a little. :D

We also meet for dinner every Saturday evening sometimes going to a nearby town for dinner but this weekend it’s about 5 blocks from my house. :(

Since I have the Stingray out anyway I usually pick a good twisty road and go for a little drive between meals.
Leaving SW Florida (90*) to northern CA (75*) but stopping off Nashville, bowling green Kentucky, Iowa, Colorado, Grand Canyon first! 2 weeks maybe?

#4 ·
Saturday RedHot will be at Cars and Coffee of Las Vegas, we have typically about 350+ cars show up. Then Sunday I am off to Area 51 with the Calico Corvette Club. It will be about a 340 mile drive plus any necessary alien detours :D :cool:

#6 ·
MYKZDRM, you should be headed to the donut derelicts in HB, then C&C in Irvine though it's a little late now to do that.

Anyhow, here in the rainy pacific northwest, leaving Mukilteo over the mountains to Royal City for some drag racing and sun. Return trip for dinner.

Reactions: Rick C C7 Z06
#10 ·
I worked the Lions Club pancake breakfast this AM and got to show her to my fellow Lions. Then headed to the local coffee roaster to get the needed fresh java. Currently I'm at the dealership getting my first oil change. Then more driving, out to dinner tonight with friends tonight. It is a perfect day in the Philadelphia area so I have the top off and enjoying myself.

Reactions: MYKZDRM
#16 ·
No rides this weekend. Stingray is parked in the garage, battery tender on, and car cover. I am in NYC visiting my adult son. When we were in Times Square yesterday, there was a very large StingRay advertisement from Chevrolet. Very cool!

Reactions: Dano35 and MYKZDRM
#23 ·
Here is a picture I took: Skyline Metropolitan area City Urban area Daytime
. I did see a Ferrari, 1000 BMWs, but no StingRays

#24 · (Edited)
Just got back from a 340 mile round trip to Area 51 today. Will post a couple of pictures once I remember more- the aliens were out in force...:rolleyes:..But what I do know is the Stingray performed exquisitely: for the 340 miles including stops, city driving, etc., my average speed was 61 mph (so obviously the low city speeds were off set by some enthusiastic driving), my mpg was 27.6, all of the driving was done in Tour or Sport (for the enthusiastic parts :D ), the ambient temp ranged from mid 80s in the morning to 100 in the afternoon, cross winds were in the 25-35 mph range. The high ambient temperature gave a great test of the dot matrix film I put on my transparent roof panel http://www.stingrayforums.com/forum/stingray-how-s-guides/4281-transparent-panel-sun-guard.html . It worked so well that I actually ran my AC at 1 degree warmer than before installing it, and found that because of the film the entire cabin remained delightfully cool. That was a well worthwhile investment of $16 bucks!

Land vehicle Vehicle Motor vehicle Car Automotive design

T-shirt Art

I don't recall much after that...:cool:

#25 ·
Close to 400 miles yesterday to spend the day at the races. All that to get 4 passes down the track. Didn't get time slips as the wind came up and the BUAWAY (blew away for real). Here's the last run.

Sunday, washed all the dirt off.

Reactions: MYKZDRM
#27 ·
Sick of crappy GM service and losing faith in this car. Drove over 200 miles looking for yet another Gallardo. I want a Spyder to go with my LP570-4 Superleggera. If I can find the right color combinations on a manual shift with less than 5000 miles, I'll swap.

Sent from my iPad using Corvette Stingray Forum

#35 ·
It will not be on display the entire time and I'm not 100% sure where it will be. Maybe I'll find out more this weekend, but my understanding right now is it will be on display for the Bash, so I hope I get a pic from someone!

415/500
LB 3LT Z51
Love It!!

#39 ·
Wow.. that sounds great Glen! We hope you tell us all about it when you return.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.