Stingray Corvette Forum banner
1 - 20 of 189 Posts

·
Administrator
17,207 Posts
Saturday RedHot will be at Cars and Coffee of Las Vegas, we have typically about 350+ cars show up. Then Sunday I am off to Area 51 with the Calico Corvette Club. It will be about a 340 mile drive plus any necessary alien detours :D :cool:

·
Administrator
17,207 Posts
Just got back from a 340 mile round trip to Area 51 today. Will post a couple of pictures once I remember more- the aliens were out in force...:rolleyes:..But what I do know is the Stingray performed exquisitely: for the 340 miles including stops, city driving, etc., my average speed was 61 mph (so obviously the low city speeds were off set by some enthusiastic driving), my mpg was 27.6, all of the driving was done in Tour or Sport (for the enthusiastic parts :D ), the ambient temp ranged from mid 80s in the morning to 100 in the afternoon, cross winds were in the 25-35 mph range. The high ambient temperature gave a great test of the dot matrix film I put on my transparent roof panel http://www.stingrayforums.com/forum/stingray-how-s-guides/4281-transparent-panel-sun-guard.html . It worked so well that I actually ran my AC at 1 degree warmer than before installing it, and found that because of the film the entire cabin remained delightfully cool. That was a well worthwhile investment of $16 bucks!

Land vehicle Vehicle Motor vehicle Car Automotive design

T-shirt Art

I don't recall much after that...:cool:

·
Administrator
17,207 Posts
Very nice Michael!

Reactions: MYKZDRM

·
Administrator
17,207 Posts
Yes I saw that and when I said it out loud I laughed. I did not mention it since I figured someone else had already done so elsewhere. So appropriate!:cool:

·
Administrator
17,207 Posts
The Cars and Coffee today was fun! The unexpected part was being invited to the Huntington Beach Concours d' Elegance tomorrow to show off Star!

Michael
That's great Michael. Have a great time at the Concours d' Elegance.:cool:

Reactions: elegant and MYKZDRM

·
Administrator
17,207 Posts
Safe travels Al. Nice meeting you at Ron Fellows.:cool:

·
Administrator
17,207 Posts
Michael, its the desert here :D, so hot during the day and cools off at night. Upper 90s to low 100s during the sunny days and mid 70s or a bit higher at night. But low to no humidity- single digits to low teens most of the time. :cool:

·
Administrator
17,207 Posts
Vegas Cars and Coffee Saturday morning (typically about 350 or so cars every Saturday morning) and meet with some Vette friends and others.:cool:

·
Administrator
17,207 Posts
One of these Saturdays we should drive to Vegas and meet up at Cars and Coffee, Jeff.

Michael
Great. Let me know when you are coming and we'll plan on more than that :cool:

·
Administrator
17,207 Posts
Cars and Coffee of Las Vegas, but of course :cool:

·
Administrator
17,207 Posts
What a fantastic way for your daughter to start her Wedding day Toontowner:cool:

·
Administrator
17,207 Posts

·
Administrator
17,207 Posts
Wow! You didn't really drive 3294 miles over a weekend. :rolleyes: How long did it take you, average mpg?

·
Administrator
17,207 Posts
Impressive.
Malama pono:cool:

Reactions: Boomah

·
Administrator
17,207 Posts
Cars and Coffee Las Vegas: beauuutiful Saturday morning with some great Vette's showing up. Of course I forgot my camera so phone shots will have to do :cool:

Land vehicle Vehicle Motor vehicle Car Classic

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Automotive design Sports car

Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Coupé Classic car

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Coupé

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Automotive design

Reactions: DieterO

·
Administrator
17,207 Posts
Kootenay district trip in British Columbia, Canada trip was great - lots of long stretches of perfect and newly poured speedway--I mean highway for miles and miles throughout the forests and mountain ranges
Sounds like the perfect drive!

·
Administrator
17,207 Posts
Cars and Coffee Las Vegas, anticipate large Corvette club turnout. :cool:

Reactions: Suzy Cruisy

·
Administrator
17,207 Posts
This morning at Cars and Coffee Las Vegas (but of course :D ). Here are a few shots. I was disappointed that the pink wrapped C7 (pictured on another of our threads) did not show up.

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Supercar Automotive design
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Supercar Yellow
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Parking lot
Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Yellow Palm tree
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Mid-size car City
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Public space

·
Administrator
17,207 Posts
Wow Derick!!! Some collection along with additional cars at your friend of a friends house. Gorgeous eye candy.

·
Administrator
17,207 Posts
Thanks for your suggestion about my email removal. I hope to go to R Fellows School in April.
Welcome. Let me know when you come to town for Ron Fellow's Course and hopefully we can get together.

1 - 20 of 189 Posts