Stingray Corvette Forum banner

Which color will / did sell the best and stay in production the longest?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
With LRG gone for 2015 and DSO delayed, it begs the question: Which color did / will sell the best? How long will the new "orange" stay in production given the delay* we are now hearing about. I'll do a poll and with any luck try to get sales numbers for LRG.
*The delay we are seeing for DSO may have a lot to do with total numbers produced, we will have to see how it plays out.

·
Registered
10,424 Posts
Talk about being evenly split right down the middle on something!

·
Administrator
16,313 Posts
But of course Torch Red :cool: Ops, see that's not an option in your poll :rolleyes:

·
Registered
283 Posts
I think orange will sell better (not that I don't like green) because it's one of those colors between yellow and red. Some people want a car to stand out but don't want to go with red due to the amount of red corvettes already out. And they don't want to go with yellow, well because it's too far out there (for some) so orange will be perfect for them, it's flashy but not super common and not over the top like yellow. This is just what I think, personally I would own a corvette in every color if I could.

Green was a great color and honestly I feel GM did not promote it correctly as on the website it looked just hideous, but in pictures from owners it looks gorgeous. In today's society people are gravitating towards either really bright colors (red, yellow, bright blue, silver) or really dark colors (black, dark grays, dark blues) which leaves the white and green. White will always be an option because how clean and sophisticated it makes a car look (if equipped right). That kinda leaves the green out there by itself. There are plenty of owners who love their green corvette, but I don't think there are hundreds of thousands of people revolting against GM for discontinuing this color. GM did play it smart and made it part of the first 500 special editions, but that might have been the demise to it's existence as well. Keeping it limited to promote value.
But what do I know, I'm just some dumb pecker wood down in Texas with too many guns...

Sent from my iPhone using Corvette Stingray Forum

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Mag red --crystal red metallic --anniversary red--or a close variant will be around with torch red ---white and black--but not necessary in any order. The 2015 Black Book will provide the %%%%. cutnout aka Charlie

1 - 6 of 6 Posts