I always drive in Sport.

SF
Rick

·
Registered
366 Posts
Sport

MrG 69
Enjoying every mile in my CGM/Kalahari 7sp Z51 2LT Coupe w NPP, Nav, CF Mirrors/Spoiler and BC Roof
** Sent from mobile using Corvette Stingray Forum App **

Reactions: rkweber

·
Registered
37 Posts
I have driven my car enough to determine which setting I like for all-around driving, and that setting is Sport. I will say that I am still intoxicated with the power, I love the immediate kick in the pants you get in Sport. Eventually this car will get me into some trouble.

·
Registered
5,453 Posts
My car is a DD around town for errands and such, therefore it's 95% Tour. I like tearing away from stoplights and have people NOT look at me....

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Sport, manually shifting the automatic when in town.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
My car is a DD around town for errands and such, therefore it's 95% Tour. I like tearing away from stoplights and have people NOT look at me....
Just curious what is your mpg driving like that?

·
Registered
5,453 Posts
Just curious what is your mpg driving like that?
you don't want to know, it will incite paranoia here.....

about 14......

again, this is 100% no interstate, and 100% stoplight to stoplight urban driving....

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
you don't want to know, it will incite paranoia here.....

about 14......

again, this is 100% no interstate, and 100% stoplight to stoplight urban driving....
It would be interesting to know if that would change if you used SPORT mode? I like Sport mode because it opens up the exhaust valves and gives it that deep rumble and I know I can in my settings keep it open all the time but at this time I like it to be in a quiet mode at times and then that deep growl at other times when I stomp on it. Something like being a sleeper and then waking up to take a swipe at my predator with a growl ;)

·
Registered
5,453 Posts
the sport mode makes the pedal "shorter" meaning more repsonse....around town it can jerk the car on pedal application...I would guess very little diff in sport and tour mpg, if anything sport would be less, as you are hotshoeing it more...

·
Registered
366 Posts
the sport mode makes the pedal "shorter" meaning more repsonse....around town it can jerk the car on pedal application...I would guess very little diff in sport and tour mpg, if anything sport would be less, as you are hotshoeing it more...
I've noticed this. Good point.

MrG 69
Enjoying every mile in my CGM/Kalahari 7sp Z51 2LT Coupe w NPP, Nav, CF Mirrors/Spoiler and BC Roof
** Sent from mobile using Corvette Stingray Forum App **

·
Registered
60 Posts
I drive in tour mode till I get out of development, then it's sport all the way.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I read somewhere that the auto transmission will always start in 1st gear in Sport. In Touring it often starts in 2nd based upon the amount of throttle. This is what I read so don't bash me if it is not true. But it makes sense for fuel economy.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Mine is set on Sport. Haven't tried the others.

I also have the engine sound management off.

Coming from a z51 c6 with Borla stingers, I think I'm being very critical of everything, wondering if Sport is tight enough and if the NPP is loud enough........Yall reassure me!!!

1 - 20 of 49 Posts