Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've posted on this before when I first got the car. A year later I feel I can describe it a little better.
2014 C7 Automatic

After a cold start and when shifting out of Park I hear a squeak (like a bad belt) for about 5-10 seconds, then it goes away. Not super loud, but concerning nonetheless. Doesn't matter if shifting to forward or reverse. Does this every time after sitting overnight. Usually does not happen again for the rest of the day. I'd initially replaced the tensioner and the belt, but that was not it. It's maddening that I can't find and fix the source of this nagging little squeak. As usual, the one tie I took it in, it did not happen and the tech could not find it or offer any advice.

Cheers!

- E

·
Administrator
16,435 Posts
Have you had the tensioner pulley replaced? This is a known issue especially on the 2014s.

·
Registered
10,508 Posts
The next time that you get ready to start it after it sits overnight (or ever how long it takes for it to occur), have someone else start the car for you (or remote start it with the key fob) while you are outside with the hood raised. Maybe you can better locate the noise that way. Even if all that you can accomplish in the first try is to know whether it is in the engine bay or not, that is still a win and can help be the first step in narrowing it down for the second time you try this a day or two later...

·
Registered
12 Posts
Along that line of thinking, pull out your phone and take video with sound when someone else starts it and puts in gear. If nothing else, you could share that with a tech.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
2 Posts
I've posted on this before when I first got the car. A year later I feel I can describe it a little better.
2014 C7 Automatic

After a cold start and when shifting out of Park I hear a squeak (like a bad belt) for about 5-10 seconds, then it goes away. Not super loud, but concerning nonetheless. Doesn't matter if shifting to forward or reverse. Does this every time after sitting overnight. Usually does not happen again for the rest of the day. I'd initially replaced the tensioner and the belt, but that was not it. It's maddening that I can't find and fix the source of this nagging little squeak. As usual, the one tie I took it in, it did not happen and the tech could not find it or offer any advice.

Cheers!

- E
i don't know if your local parts store rents tools but there are microphones that you wear to find noises headphones with a wand with a mic in it they can pic up the faintest of sounds then you won't need help some call them chassis ears i hope this helps you

·
Registered
458 Posts
Along that line of thinking, pull out your phone and take video with sound when someone else starts it and puts in gear. If nothing else, you could share that with a tech.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
leave it at the dealer overnight, keep the keys go there and start it in the morning with service tech..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts