Stingray Corvette Forum banner

Who purchased Granatelli wires

• Did you notice increase in HP?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Did you notice an increase in MPG?

• Did you buy them and then returned for a refund?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to see how many members in this forum have purchased the Granatelli wires from the forum sponsor StingThis which reports that with their wire set you will get an increase of 13hp?

Reactions: Tom0021

·
Registered
480 Posts
I never could get an independent validation of the claim.

·
Registered
432 Posts
See the posts by rdslon01 in this thread:

"Add 13hp with just wires, dyno video"

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
I plan to buy a set in the spring, not because of the claimed power adder, but because they look great. HP plug wires from anybody nowadays are not cheap if they are decent. His price is not out of line whether or not they add HP.

·
Registered
3,098 Posts
I purchased a set and installed them last night. No real road testing yet, but they look good. :)

IMG_9629small.JPG IMG_9634small.JPG

·
Banned
631 Posts
Best thing is get on a dyno and do your own testing. Do 3 runs for base line, swap wires and 3 runs w/wires for an average. Then there is no question....just documented results.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I seem to remember the video stating that an oil change was also performed prior to re-dynoing with their wires. Every time I've changed out old oil in any vehicle, there is a noticeable increase in power... my .02

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I seem to remember the video stating that an oil change was also performed prior to re-dynoing with their wires. Every time I've changed out old oil in any vehicle, there is a noticeable increase in power... my .02
Only if you add "Slick 50". :)

·
Registered
1,905 Posts

·
Registered
3,667 Posts

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
I purchased these cables I was expecting a lot from them but to seriously tell you these cables didn't meet up to my expectations, I don't think it gives the performance which it promises to give.
Seriously, on an engine that already delivers 460 HP I really do not think you are going to "feel" anything different, seat of the pants, by adding another 8 - 13 HP. This would be true of any easy bolt on's ie. air filters, wires, etc. If you start hitting 30 or more HP or torque, due to headers, tune etc. you will start to feel that. If you want to feel a real difference in a car that already has 460 HP, you start talking forced induction and/or headers and tune. I certainly think someone can imagine feeling an additional 8 HP once they spend a couple of hundred dollars for something.

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
More important question to me, after changing the wires, did anyone notice any change in the performance of the vehicle's electronics due to RFI effects?

·
Registered
10,411 Posts
More important question to me, after changing the wires, did anyone notice any change in the performance of the vehicle's electronics due to RFI effects?
Even if it happens, no one will ever think to make the link from the new wires, to the radio frequencies emitted from them, to disturbed vehicle electronics.

·
Registered
C8 Ceramic Matrix Gray Metallic Z51 Magnetic Ride Control
91 Posts
If I do the wire thing I well go with MSD or Taylor for about half or less the cost. They say 40-50 ohms. Had them on a C6 functioned fine and looked nice. Maybe a little more torque but no pre dyno.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts