Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just like the title says who is tracking their car? What are you using for brakes, brake fluid Etc. What are you doing to prep your car? Here is my Road America track day in July 2015....

Reactions: firebirdone

·
Registered
91 Posts
Very cool, 6674!!! Nice job...There needs to be more C7 owners like you.

I've already snuck mine onto to Atlanta Motor Speedway and did 2 laps before I was chased out by security.
I'm planning on starting my formal track venture in Bowling Green this Oct when I get to learn how to push my Z51 to its limit.

Just a side note; My personal view on ALL Z06 owners is;
IF you don't track your car and push it, the car will never know joy and a corvette angel loses its wings.
:-(

·
Registered
633 Posts
Motul brake fluid, XP12s in front (will try 10s in rear next), lowered on OEM bolts, custom alignment & RE-71R Bridgestones on base wheels. Great track car & inspires confidence!

Reactions: elegant

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Motul brake fluid, XP12s in front (will try 10s in rear next), lowered on OEM bolts, custom alignment & RE-71R Bridgestones on base wheels. Great track car & inspires confidence!
Did you noticed any difference in handling when you lowered your car? Was it worth it? How did you do it? Where have you tracked the car?

·
Registered
896 Posts
Motul RBF 660 brake fluid, XP12s front and rear, DBA discs front and rear, lowered on OEM bolts, GM alignment for track (but impossible to reach completely, due to some washers on the rear arms), OEM tires and wheels. Fantastic brake power. Track mode on 3rd level. The car runs very well and the tires are surprisingly efficient, just take care to not overheat them.
The track is a fast but hilly and with difficult curves, all what I like :)
Some ones say that the run flats are not the best for the track, I wait for the comment of some one who uses the same tires, but non run flats, on the track...

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am not sure if I can advertise but a local WI and IL track is have a Corvette Track only event on OCT 17 2015. Black hawk Farms Race track. PM for additional info. CORVETTES Only on the TRACK The sponsor of the track event is a Dealer forum sponsor . so If someone's says u I can I post all the necessary links.

And please watch my video so I can get my view counter up.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Are you guys swapping out to 15w50 as recommended or staying with 5w30? We just bought our car used last week and the dealer literally out fresh oil in it the day we picked it up. Have my first HPDE on Sunday and not sure what to do, thinking I'm just going to swap out to 15w50.

·
Registered
896 Posts
15W50, I think that it's necessary on almost all the tracks.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Are you guys swapping out to 15w50 as recommended or staying with 5w30? We just bought our car used last week and the dealer literally out fresh oil in it the day we picked it up. Have my first HPDE on Sunday and not sure what to do, thinking I'm just going to swap out to 15w50.
Always a good idea to follow the Owners manuel

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Very Cool. What track? Any video?

·
Registered
95 Posts
Very Cool. What track? Any video?
Sorry left for Vegas 12 hours after the HPDE. Somewhat recovered now :)

It was Pittsburgh International Race Complex (PittRace) on their new South Track. I wish it was the full layout (North and South combined) but Exotic rentals had the North Track.

Here is some video that I uploaded before we left, some traffic in the beginning but it opens up towards the end. My biggest issue was trusting that the brakes would be there as I was approaching the braking markers off the straights, I kept "triple braking" and coasting my first 2 sessions. Started trusting them and braking later and harder in this session. Had an absolute blast and will be back next year to continue my on track education.

My instructor was a local guy that I know through Cars n Coffee who happens to own a McLaren P1 & 650S, he took me for a few laps in the 650S during the instructor session... wow what a car.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Sorry left for Vegas 12 hours after the HPDE. Somewhat recovered now :)

It was Pittsburgh International Race Complex (PittRace) on their new South Track. I wish it was the full layout (North and South combined) but Exotic rentals had the North Track.

Here is some video that I uploaded before we left, some traffic in the beginning but it opens up towards the end. My biggest issue was trusting that the brakes would be there as I was approaching the braking markers off the straights, I kept "triple braking" and coasting my first 2 sessions. Started trusting them and braking later and harder in this session. Had an absolute blast and will be back next year to continue my on track education.

My instructor was a local guy that I know through Cars n Coffee who happens to own a McLaren P1 & 650S, he took me for a few laps in the 650S during the instructor session... wow what a car.

That is a very cool video. How fast did you get going on the straights? it looked like a good track.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
So me and buddy just got back from the Corvette fest at Blackhawk farms raceway over the weekend. I put the Gopro camera under the front nose piece in front of the front air dam. here is a YouTube video . I put the micro taped under the hood to attempt to get rid of wind noise

1 - 15 of 15 Posts