Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
... until the C7 feeding frenzy is over? I read these posts and I can practically feel the angst- from who doesn't know when their order went in, IF their order went in, what allocation their dealer has, what does it mean if they're at a status 3000 or 3300 or whatever their concerns about getting their C7 might be.

I hope when I eventually order mine it will be fun, and less stressful. Good luck to all of us.

·
Administrator
16,510 Posts
... until the C7 feeding frenzy is over? I read these posts and I can practically feel the angst- from who doesn't know when their order went in, IF their order went in, what allocation their dealer has, what does it mean if they're at a status 3000 or 3300 or whatever their concerns about getting their C7 might be.

I hope when I eventually order mine it will be fun, and less stressful. Good luck to all of us.
That is a reasonable perspective, on the other hand I ordered mine as soon as GM was accepting C7 orders. While I am certainly excited with anticipation, I don't feel any angst and consider this 'adventure' fun (as it should be). I have ordered a number of new 'first run' cars and while the process has always had similar hiccups, it has never been a bad experience. That includes orders for cars that I did not have the opportunity to drive first since they were not made and no per-production versions were even out there at the time of my decision. In every case I have been fortunate to end up getting a very enjoyable car that typically may require several software updates/campaigns in the first few months, but so what. I have the pleasure of the car :cool:

Reactions: Jride

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That is a reasonable perspective, on the other hand I ordered mine as soon as GM was accepting C7 orders. While I am certainly excited with anticipation, I don't feel any angst and consider this 'adventure' fun (as it should be). I have ordered a number of new 'first run' cars and while the process has always had similar hiccups, it has never been a bad experience. That includes orders for cars that I did not have the opportunity to drive first since they were not made and no per-production versions were even out there at the time of my decision. In every case I have been fortunate to end up getting a very enjoyable car that typically may require several software updates/campaigns in the first few months, but so what. I have the pleasure of the car :cool:
That's cool. All should have your attitude. If it ain't fun, then why do it. I never ordered a new car except for a family mini van, so when my time comes I know I'll be excited as well.

You have to admit though, that there are some on these pages who sound like they're pulling their hair out of their heads over their purchase.

·
Administrator
16,510 Posts
That's cool. All should have your attitude. If it ain't fun, then why do it. I never ordered a new car except for a family mini van, so when my time comes I know I'll be excited as well.

You have to admit though, that there are some on these pages who sound like they're pulling their hair out of their heads over their purchase.
Thanks [email protected] The key is to never lose the excitement. :cool:

·
Registered
5 Posts
I am going to wait until 2015...just in case there are bugs that need to be worked out... Lucky to have my C5 convertible to hold me over.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Well I have been saving up for 25 years and bugged a corvette sales person for two years. Last year I almost purchased a Z06 and that sales person, while on a test drive, told me that I should wait because the stingray was coming out. I am glad he told me because I would be pissed. I ordered a stingray and am patiently waiting. I waited 25 years, I guess I can wait a couple of more months. I feel like a kid waiting for Santa

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
I'm waiting until 2015 for many factors, saving up, make sure any bugs are worked out, maybe new colors, options, etc.

·
Registered
141 Posts
I was never good at waiting. I hope to have my converible for Christmas. I'll take my chances on a couple of bumps in the road. Had them in my C6's.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Well, I'm waiting for just a few more months...NOT because I'm not wanting one right now, but because I'm currently deployed to Afghanistan and don't expect to be back until Feb or Mar 2014. I'll order just a few weeks prior to getting home...I simply CANNOT wait until the 2015s! Until then, I'll live vicariously through y'all! :cool:

Reactions: [email protected]

·
Registered
50 Posts
Well, I'm waiting for just a few more months...NOT because I'm not wanting one right now, but because I'm currently deployed to Afghanistan and don't expect to be back until Feb or Mar 2014. I'll order just a few weeks prior to getting home...I simply CANNOT wait until the 2015s! Until then, I'll live vicariously through y'all! :cool:
Awesome Clarkster. I have already pre-ordered and I am in the next group at my dealership to go out. I should have my car by x-mas.

·
Registered
658 Posts
cyrusdh went to reliable as well and as soon as you get back to the states maybe you can meet us at reliable and ill take ya to lunch.

Just get back safe!

·
Registered
346 Posts
NO WAITING HERE! :)
(My first post by the way!)
And..... Never sat in, drove (of course) or even seen a C7 in person! But, I will be 62 soon and my time remaining on this earth is getting shorter by the day.... so I can't get my Stingray soon enough!!;)
Just placed my order last Friday, through Stingray Chevrolet, Lakeland, Florida. Hopefully, I may make it in the next consensus, around the end of Sept.
Also on our "bucket list" (& my options list)..... R8C option..... NCM delivery!!!:cool:

Sold my 1998 Pace Car in June (owned it for 12 years) and this is the longest stretch of us being "Vette-less" since the early 90's. All I have now is a 1:14th scale, Crystal Red, C7 sitting on my counter that I rub everyday for good luck, just like it is a "Jeannie's Lamp"!

So don't wait! Enjoy life in the moment, life's too short! And if the car sucks (which I doubt it will).... Just do a trade-in in a year or two!!!

Mark D.

Reactions: [email protected]

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
NO WAITING HERE! :)
(My first post by the way!)
And..... Never sat in, drove (of course) or even seen a C7 in person! But, I will be 62 soon and my time remaining on this earth is getting shorter by the day.... so I can't get my Stingray soon enough!!;)
Just placed my order last Friday, through Stingray Chevrolet, Lakeland, Florida. Hopefully, I may make it in the next consensus, around the end of Sept.
Also on our "bucket list" (& my options list)..... R8C option..... NCM delivery!!!:cool:

Sold my 1998 Pace Car in June (owned it for 12 years) and this is the longest stretch of us being "Vette-less" since the early 90's. All I have now is a 1:14th scale, Crystal Red, C7 sitting on my counter that I rub everyday for good luck, just like it is a "Jeannie's Lamp"!

So don't wait! Enjoy life in the moment, life's too short! And if the car sucks (which I doubt it will).... Just do a trade-in in a year or two!!!

Mark D.
We're the same age, about to be Social Security eligible! I'm waiting until I'm Medicare eligible for mine ... it will make turning 65 a tad more palatable.

Good luck to you with yours.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Not knowing what was going on I kept looking at the Chevrolet web page to see when I could order a new C7. Then I found this Forum and saw guys ordering cars.
I started looking in So. Ca. And have found there are dealers out there that are marking the C7 up $5000 to $7500 with out a date for delivery.
Not wanting to give my hard earned $ away I looked at several small town dealers and have secured a C7 for MSRP. Still don't have a date but thinking sometime in Jan. or Feb and that is fine with me.
One thing for sure for sure it will be worth the wait!!

·
Registered
758 Posts
Is anyone thinking about waiting to see what Chevy is going to do with the 2016 C7 Z07? If C&D is right, it is going to be a bruiser, but an expensive bruiser.

·
Registered
658 Posts
I wouldn't wait, I would just upgrade the C7 I hope to have. That would be cheaper and yield as good of not better car.

·
Registered
758 Posts
I have to agree with you Sinner. A lot of guys who intended on going for big numbers with the C6 would start with the GrandSport, and boost the hell out of it because they had the comparable body and suspension to the Z06, and then dump the money saved on the GS into the engine compartment. Netting a better car for the same money.

·
Registered
658 Posts
I have to agree with you Sinner. A lot of guys who intended on going for big numbers with the C6 would start with the GrandSport, and boost the hell out of it because they had the comparable body and suspension to the Z06, and then dump the money saved on the GS into the engine compartment. Netting a better car for the same money.
I was looking at a GS a few months ago because I love the look and it has a stronger motor but it was soooo boring to drive stock compared to the Z06, lol. I'm glad I waited

1 - 20 of 22 Posts