Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got off the telephone with Mike Furman at Criswell Chevrolet in Maryland on a new 2015 Z06. No pressure to make make any decisions on colors and options at this point. Not until I get closer on the list. Mike's a straight up guy and has cars shipped all over the U.S. I personally live in California, so I'm still not sure how we're going to handle all the paperwork and I suppose it's going to be a cash deal without any trade-ins, though I have one. Guess I'll have to go through the dreadful process of disposing of my current vehicle on my own.... Any of you guys out there that have gone through the process of buying your new Corvette from the opposite end of the country that have been through this, I'd sure appreciate any pointers or advise on what to expect... Thanks

·
18,670 Posts
Congratulations! We will help you through the issues, though with Mike having done this literally a thousand times before, you will be amazed how well it goes.

Same of course goes with our forum dealership sponsoring vendor MacMulkin, for they too are highly experienced with all that it takes to make it a pain free process of buying a Corvette from across the country.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Congratulations! We will help you through the issues, though with Mike having done this literally a thousand times before, you will be amazed how well it goes.

Same of course goes with our forum dealership sponsoring vendor MacMulkin, for they too are highly experienced with all that it takes to make it a pain free process of buying a Corvette from across the country.
Thank you so much elegant, you guys have been incredible and so easy to speak with. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

·
Administrator
16,587 Posts
Congratulations tmcternan!!! Wow, the anticipation...:cool:

·
Registered
219 Posts
Welcome to the club. I wad just at that dealer this weekend. The salesman said they had more than 50 deposits. Can you confirm that? Everyone there seemed straight foward and sincere.

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
Welcome to the I placed my deposit for a Z06 list. Check with your local dealer, some for a fee, will let you drop ship the car to them.

·
Registered
817 Posts
When you order the car, I believe you can specify it will be a California car and that will make it easier to keep the state happy that it meets emissions requirements.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Welcome to the club. I wad just at that dealer this weekend. The salesman said they had more than 50 deposits. Can you confirm that? Everyone there seemed straight foward and sincere.
Yeah, I believe Mike told me I'm number 55 yesterday 2/19/14 when I gave him my deposit, but he also added about 35% drop out.... We'll see when it's time to step up to the plate, which I have every intention of doing, unless of course I drop dead first......

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Welcome to the I placed my deposit for a Z06 list. Check with your local dealer, some for a fee, will let you drop ship the car to them.
Yes I heard. From what I understand, the normal or average cost is around $500, which covers the destination dealers preparation and detailing costs. Otherwise, the car is shipped directly from Bowling Green to it's destination. The only thing I'm in the dark about at this stage is the documentation. I've got a trade-in, which I'm anticipating I'll probably have to unload myself.... I JUST HATE DOING THAT! In addition to that I was planning on writing a check for an additional $40,000.-$50,000. and financing the remainder, which should be less than $20K. I just don't know how we're going to be able to do all that being 3000 miles apart. Guess I'll just have to adapt I suppose......

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Why trade-in when you can get more selling it yourself to a private party?

·
Registered
19 Posts
I live in Phoenix, AZ and purchased my Z51 Torch Red through Mike at Criswell. (Did a museum pickup on Jan 13th and then had it transported to me...dropped it right
in front of my house!)... Anyway, I did EVERYTHING through email/phone.. Mike was always very responsive to any email I sent to him. Had no problems at all... "Some" local dealers do participate in Courtesy delvy (for a price), some not so anxious to since it was not purchased through them.. Feel free to PM with any questions of my experience..

·
Registered
219 Posts
Yeah, I believe Mike told me I'm number 55 yesterday 2/19/14 when I gave him my deposit, but he also added about 35% drop out.... We'll see when it's time to step up to the plate, which I have every intention of doing, unless of course I drop dead first......
Please don't drop dead! I'm going back on Sunday with a friend to get him in a stingray. If you need anything which I doubt just message me!

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Who approaches a prospective dealer about a courtesy delivery? The buyer, or the selling dealer?
Be advised I don't have the foggiest of what I'm talking about here, but my best guesstimate would be to let Mike or whoever your going through for the purchasing with know who, what and where the nearest Chevrolet dealership closest to you is. Then let the selling agent, or person your buying the car from make whatever calls are necessary to arrange delivery. There's a guy near where I live that bought a 2014 Stingray from the dealer in Atlantic City and then picked it up in Folsom, California, which is where I'll more than likely have mine shipped to from Bowling Green. Nobody in the entire transaction even sees the vehicle until you go to pick it up at it's destination... So, my guess would be the selling dealer would be contacting the courtesy dealer.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Why trade-in when you can get more selling it yourself to a private party?
TIRE KICKER'S and ANNOYING PEOPLE.... Sorry if I sound socially challenged or inept on any social levels, but that's because I am...... Just a grumpy old man now, with a low tolerance coefficient to peoples BS. Other than that, I'm a pretty nice guy I may add....:)

·
Registered
817 Posts
TIRE KICKER'S and ANNOYING PEOPLE.... Sorry if I sound socially challenged or inept on any social levels, but that's because I am...... Just a grumpy old man now, with a low tolerance coefficient to peoples BS. Other than that, I'm a pretty nice guy I may add....:)

I have sold most of my no longer needed motor vehicles in private sales, and the majority of them have been a PITA! And I'm a retired electronics industry salesperson!

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I have sold most of my no longer needed motor vehicles in private sales, and the majority of them have been a PITA! And I'm a retired electronics industry salesperson!
And your point is????? LOL, you were in sales your whole life so you've known all along what a PITA people can be, but I bet you dealt with businesses on a wholesale level and tire kickers are just annoying. Question? Has anyone ever dealt with people who keep coming back and you begin thinking they think you owe them something or the transaction wasn't just a transaction, but a relationship, possibly a marriage....... Some folks have "NIGHTMARE" written all over them. LOL That's why I hate selling cars to private individuals. Personally, I rather sacrifice a couple of grand just so I don't have to see who I sold it to again. I hope this makes sense.....

·
18,670 Posts
Gentle folks. If someone wishes to privately sell their car, good for him/her. If someone else doesn't want to get rid of their Corvette that way, and chooses to trade it in, good for him/her.

·
Registered
718 Posts

Tom.... I am #56! :)

Can't wait to place an order for a Shark Grey ZO6.

Anyone wishing to do a courtesy delivery needs to contact the dealer where you want the delivery made and talk to them about it.
There will be a courtesy delivery fee paid by you to the dealer when the vehicle arrives and they will prep the car and do the paperwork for your license and sales tax, etc. Probably take a couple of hours.
The sales dealer needs to have the name, address, phone # and contact as well as the dealer BAC.

Bob

·
18,670 Posts
Tom, seeing your #56 on the list brought back memories, and more than a touch of irony how I went to number #56 to #'s 1 and 6.

Was priority #56 for the C6 Z06, and ordered the plain silver wheels (knowing that I had plans right after I got the car to change them). Almost everyone in front of me either ordered the polished wheels. GM was then putting the screws to their suppliers, for example giving them, for the C6's, $300/set to polish the wheels, whereas they had given their C5 wheel polisher $600/set. When the C6 Z06 wheels started to arrive at BGAP, they quickly rejected, for lack of quality (guess you get what you pay for). So my order, little ole #56 jumped ahead of almost everyone, become #1 Museum Delivery C6 Z06 (still so inscribed on the bottom of the "belly pan"), and the #6 C6 Z delivered to a customer -- so strange things happen in the very beginning of a model run. Early on, so much is the "luck of the draw," who ordered what options, etc.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts