Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think Local dealers are selling left over C7s to used car lots for a couple thousand over supplier pricing, I see a lot more than I should of used C7s with less than 1000 miles on them being sold as used cars with MSRP starting prices. I guess around here there is a lot of money, Not many are members of forums ad will pay the freight to be seen in a C7,

So those few of us who are aware of GMSP and ask for it are treated like lepers.

·
Registered
267 Posts
I think Local dealers are selling left over C7s to used car lots for a couple thousand over supplier pricing, I see a lot more than I should of used C7s with less than 1000 miles on them being sold as used cars with MSRP starting prices. I guess around here there is a lot of money, Not many are members of forums ad will pay the freight to be seen in a C7,

So those few of us who are aware of GMSP and ask for it are treated like lepers.
Your message contradicts the title of this thread. I believe you created both.

·
Registered
4,656 Posts
I seriously doubt any local Chevy dealers are selling new left overs to used car lots. Those low mileage cars are coming through the auctions and there are a number of possible sources, none of which are dealers dumping new stock.

Reactions: glen e

·
Registered
307 Posts
That's right. Usually, it's a cheesy "high end" used card dealer that ordered the car before everyone else, picked it up and then thought he would sell it for 20k over sticker. You know: Apple pie dreams. Instead, he got his you know what handed to him so he is trying to offload it.

·
Registered
114 Posts
You all don't want to know what I paid for my 2015 Z51 C7, try 5K under window, sorry to all of you guys that paid MSRP or more, I know a guy that knows a guy.LOL

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
You all don't want to know what I paid for my 2015 Z51 C7, try 5K under window, sorry to all of you guys that paid MSRP or more, I know a guy that knows a guy.LOL
I actually had a bigger discount than that, without knowing a guy that knows a guy. Just knew a dealer that accepted the CU supplier discount. ;)

Reactions: greggshere

·
Administrator
16,496 Posts
Let's get this thread back on track- not a posting about how much one did or did not get off MSRP. Thanks.

Reactions: elegant

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
The root of all of this is the dealer allocations system employed by GM. If a dealer is only going to get a few cars, and no more, it will charge as much as it can per unit to maximize profit. On the other hand, if a dealer can get pretty much all the cars it can sell, profit maximization involves margin per car X number of cars sold.

And if those low volume dealers are selling to uninformed customers who do not know (or do not care) that they have other options, they can charge those high prices.

Then those low volume dealers are further handicapped by the fact that where a customer orders a car with significant constraints, they may never be allocated a car. So those dealers order a car for inventory, put a hefty price on it, and hope for the best.

At least that is the way I see things.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts