Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'd really like to put a wide body on my 2017 C7 and as is with everything else... So many options, so many different costs, and stuff...

Won't do the bolt-on fender kits (think they look like a lego car), but to each their own...

The different kits i found online range from $3000 - $15000, so I don't want to buy something without getting opinions of the "good, bad, and ugly"..

Besides the kit itself, any rough estimate on the cost for a shop to install? I can work my way around under the hood but heaven forbid touching the body... I have learned my limits (some the super-hard way)...

Also, is there a certain increase in width that is optimal if my goal is for 305s on the rear?

Any input/suggestions on "stay the heck away from....." when dealing with body kits?

·
Registered
150 Posts
I just ordered mine from Weapon X for my 2015 Stingray Z51....the kit itself cost me 6k but I like the fact that the kit is to specifications of the original Z06 specs. My local body shop is owned by a friend and he will charge me $650 dollars for install and paint (I know it is super cheap) but he has done work for me in the past and does great work. I also ordered the black chrome Z06 wheels for $1100.00 and stage 2 rear spoiler.

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
ACS makes a wide body kit....but only for the rear tires! I think it looks good and fairly cheap, considering other options which are much more expensive!

·
Registered
150 Posts
I looked into the ACS body kits...liked the price around 3k...but I wanted the original look of a GS or Z06....was not a big fan of the 3 piece look of the rear fender but overall looked good

·
Registered
150 Posts
Are you sure this is the same car? Different spoiler, different badging, air intake for rear end, different wheels, even the color looks different but that may be the result of the quality of the picture.
LOL yeah it is the same car! I guess I will take it as a compliment

·
Registered
150 Posts
Does the Weapon X wide Body Kit require you to tear out the aperture panels like I have seen in the "DIY Wide Body Thread" ?
My body guy spent alot of time with the panels on the bottom of the door....he said those were glued to the body so it took a long time to remove them. But everything else was a breeze...all parts are original genuine gm parts

·
Registered
7,930 Posts
opicazo79, that looks like a huge project to accomplish with a lot of attention to detail. The results look outstanding!!

SF
Rick

Reactions: opicazo79
1 - 15 of 15 Posts