Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
No. An 'aftermarket' part is a part made by a company other than the vehicle manufacturer or the original equipment manufacturer. A 'recycled' part is a part that was made for and installed in a new vehicle by the manufacturer or the original equipment manufacturer, and later removed from the vehicle and made available for resale or reuse. Simply using an aftermarket or recycled part does not void your warranty. The Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act makes it illegal for companies to void your warranty or deny coverage under the warranty simply because you used an aftermarket or recycled part. Still, if it turns out that the aftermarket or recycled part was itself defective or wasn't installed correctly, and it causes damage to another part that is covered under the warranty, the manufacturer or dealer has the right to deny coverage for that part and charge you for any repairs. The FTC says the manufacturer or dealer must show that the aftermarket or recycled part caused the need for repairs before denying warranty coverage.

According to the Magnuson-Moss Act, it's illegal for a manufacturer to void a warranty for installing an aftermarket parts unless it directly causes a failure.
re: Auto Warranties & Routine Maintenance | Consumer Information

"THE SECRET SAUCE IS IN THE CAN!"

·
Banned
631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
And add to that nearly every week another major Chevy dealer calls and signs up to be a dealer for our systems as well as installation training on manually cleaning the intake valves in vehicles with more than 5k miles on them (seems to be app where the coking is severe enough to begin effecting idle and fuel economy).

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
I can vouch for the fact that some dealerships have been getting into pulling intake manifolds and cleaning the intake ports and backsides of the intake valves as the result of the valve "Coking" issue. Old friend of mine and former race competitor is the service manager of a large Chevrolet dealership in the area and brought that subject up at the race engine shop, which in turn solidified the fact it was a serious enough problem to immediately address before even taking delivery of my car.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts