Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i placed my order on 11/08 and was advised at that time i would see my can in the spring.We spoke again yesterday regarding his placing the order. He now thinks that i should see this car in may or early june !!! I'm going to have to make a decision to accept the late delivery or be the first on line for the 2015? Does anyone have any thoughts on what would be the better decision in my dilemma. I don't like the idea of buying a vette that is almost a year old and at full list price!!! I need some help on this one. JMC

·
Registered
4,656 Posts
Obviously you are sticking with a dealer that doesn't have allocation and by the time you take delivery it's almost certain all flavors of Stingrays will be discounted so you're going to get screwed simply because you are married to a dealer who can't deliver.

Shop around, find a dealer with allocation or inventory and have your car by March or stick with your small dealership and order a 15 for September / October delivery.

Sent from my iPad using Corvette Stingray Forum

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
sounds like solid advise, is september / october a accurate delivery estimate on the 15's

·
Registered
47 Posts
I was in a similar position, and the car I ordered has still not been queued (ordered in late September). I wound up purchasing a car out of inventory for MSRP in December.

By chance, how much of a deposit did you put down? I put down $1K, with the thought that if I wound up finding MSRP later, that would be my sacrifice to get a car sooner. Luckily I was able to get MSRP out of inventory at the dealer who had my deposit, so it worked out.

Eric

P.S. Saw my first vert on the road yesterday.

·
Registered
463 Posts
i placed my order on 11/08 and was advised at that time i would see my can in the spring.We spoke again yesterday regarding his placing the order. He now thinks that i should see this car in may or early june !!! I'm going to have to make a decision to accept the late delivery or be the first on line for the 2015? Does anyone have any thoughts on what would be the better decision in my dilemma. I don't like the idea of buying a vette that is almost a year old and at full list price!!! I need some help on this one. JMC
Hey jmc,

I understand your impatience, I was there as well. I'm picking my C7 up tomorrow, and basically am putting it in the garage til spring. If you think about it, your delivery time is perfect. You'll have no insurance or car payments until perfect weather when your car arrives. Myself I'm paying for something to sit in the garage. I noticed you live in NY so your situation should be similar to mine (Toronto). I think if you're having any doubts, it should be on whether you want to wait even longer for a 2015 because you and I know it'll probably arrive just in time for winter. My two cents.

You said the dealer told you that your car would arrive in spring. Now he has a closer estimate of may or early june... umm... isn't that spring lol.

·
Registered
4,607 Posts
It may require a little work, and perhaps a little flexibility on your part, but I think you should be able to find a car similar to what your looking for at one of the larger corvette dealers on the east coast. There are plenty to select from.

·
Registered
502 Posts
One more thought...I would expect a price increase with the 2015 models. Hard to speculate on actual numbers, given there may be changes in standard content, but another variable to contend with.

I would also expect/hope that your dealer would adjust your selling price to current market conditions when you take delivery if you choose to stick with him....

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
It may require a little work, and perhaps a little flexibility on your part, but I think you should be able to find a car similar to what your looking for at one of the larger corvette dealers on the east coast. There are plenty to select from.
I have to agree, let's say if this dealer can't deliver a 2014 to you, what makes you think they can even deliver a 2015? You could find yourself in the same boat, waiting...

As was said you're on the east coast I can find a half a dozen dealers right now with 2014's in stock or coming.

·
Registered
5,453 Posts
sounds like you are getting jacked around.
1. go meet with the sales manager, not the salesperson
2. find out when they are getting an allocation for you, and where you are on the list
3. ask for the GM workbench sheet that can get at any time on the computer - if it does not say 2000, you have nothing except the dealer "applying" for a car.
Look for the circle in red to say 2000:

·
Registered
40 Posts
call mike Furman at Criswell Chevy in Maryland. He has 3 Z51 vettes on the floor right now and several non-Z51s.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts