Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Coming soon to a Stingray near you...I'm tired of looking at the little mouse rotors on the front of my Stingray...this Wilwood front BBK should allow me to sleep at night...6-piston calipers, in the very cool clear-anodized finish, and gigantic 15" rotors, bigger than Z06 rotors, only the ceramic rotors on the ZR1 are bigger and they won't fit 19" wheels. I opted for the clear-anodized calipers because they will somewhat match the metallic gray calipers on the rear, and red calipers IMO won't look that great on a Elkhart blue car. Many blue C7s have red calipers, no offense intended, but I like the subtle look of the natural aluminum color...I've put Wilwoods on at least 6 other cars, all red calipers, so it was time for a change...should have them mounted in a week or two, I'll post a pic when they're installed... Wilwood15.JPG

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Don't have a break-down on each component...total was around $2300 + $110 ship...
2 calipers, 2 rotors, 2 rotor hats, pad set, 2 braided brake-lines, 2 caliper adapters, 2 hub-centric adapter rings, all hardware...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Installed...superb performance...huge improvement in braking power & feel...not totally seated yet, so I haven't hit 'em hard...don't have to; they haul the car down with a light touch...

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts