Stingray Corvette Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my first Vette
2014 Z51 3LT Vert.
was wondering if anyone has had any issues tinting the windows, since they tell you not to lower the windows for 3 days, but VERT windows lower a bit when opening the doors??

·
Administrator
17,103 Posts
Any reputable tint shop is aware that our windows lower slightly when you open the door. It doesn't cause an issue. However, lowering the window the full way before their specified time can cause an issue with the film.

Welcome to our forum TWRGUY.

·
Registered
293 Posts
+1 to Jeff’s answer. And just to put you more at ease, both coupe and convertible windows lower slightly when opening and closing the door so there is lots of experience with tinting under those circumstances, including my own 😉. Enjoy your new ride!

Reactions: jsvette

·
Registered
4 Posts
Depending on how good the installer is and the time of year if not in FL if the car sits in the direct sunlight for an entire day I’ve never had any issues with waiting a day and then going up and down. I actually just got mine down and a buddy got ina bf within 2 hours rolled it down by accident. But my installer has been doing it for 30 years and doesn’t leave a lot of water behind the tint to dry out.

·
Registered
269 Posts
I told my installer that I wanted the same as what the factory does on crew cab pickup backseat windows. I personally didn't want any darker because of nighttime driving. Especially looking out the side windows.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts