Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got the Stingray tinted today, my previous cars have had 5% I just did not want to go that dark and decided to go 18% on all windows. I am very happy with the result. :)

·
Registered
371 Posts
Here is Albuquerque it has to be 35% in front and 20% in the back to be legal. I am going that route when the vette arrives. I could go illegal like I did on my truck, but it makes night driving difficult :p

Sent from my iPhone using Corvette Stingray Forum

·
Registered
63 Posts
I have a torch red on the way now. I want to get my windows tinted right away also. So I take it there's no problem tinting the back window with the heater on it?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nice move...5 is just too dark for night driving.....I love 20 or thereabouts....
Thank you, yes it is I would always have to roll my window down at night before I pulled out I just didn't trust myself looking through that dark a tint.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Here is Albuquerque it has to be 35% in front and 20% in the back to be legal. I am going that route when the vette arrives. I could go illegal like I did on my truck, but it makes night driving difficult :p

It is also 35% here too, but I have never had a problem (knock on wood). I have been out tonight and the 18% is easy to see through even at night..;)

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have a torch red on the way now. I want to get my windows tinted right away also. So I take it there's no problem tinting the back window with the heater on it?
No no issues with the rear window defogger...

Reactions: Red-Ray

·
Registered
87 Posts
20% all around on mine. No issues at night but I'm used to driving with darker tint (5% on some cars). No issues with rear defogger either.

I was SUPER concerned about bubbles at the top of the rear window after application but with some TLC over the next few days it cleared up just fine. These cars look fantastic tinted!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts