Stingray Corvette Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Administrator
16,653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Living in Vegas I wanted to get a sun screen for the windshield. There were not a lot on the market that were designed specifically to fit our 2014 Stingrays. I finally found one and bought it, but to my dismay it did not stay up. The problem is that the sun visors in our Stingrays do not come down to the windshield to provide support for sun screens as they do in most other cars. So I contacted the manufacturer of the 'Heatshield' (Canvas Works in California) and explained the dilemma. They were very concerned and responsive. I am pleased to say that after two pattern modifications, Heatshield model 1472, made in the USA :))) fits perfectly and stays up on its own. Note, I paid for mine, did not receive any compensation for 'beta' testing the versions, but thought that if you were in the market for a properly fitting sun screen this might be of interest to you. Here are a couple of pics in RedHot :cool::

Heat Shield internal.jpg
Heat Shield external.jpg
P1060636.JPG

·
Registered
3,363 Posts
Awesome work!

·
Registered
10,624 Posts
Jeff, thank you for blazing this trail for everyone else! I also will watch your posts with great anticipation for when you get a reflector/headliner for RedHot's transparent roof. :)

Reactions: elegant and Lipstic

·
Administrator
16,653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Jeff, thank you for blazing this trail for everyone else! I also will watch your posts with great anticipation for when you get a reflector/headliner for RedHot's transparent roof. :)
Thanks. You read my mind re the transparent roof, though I was kinda hoping there would be some nice options available already. I do have some ideas...:cool:

Reactions: Lipstic

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
Thanks jsvette, now you've just made something else for me to add to my list. :)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Tried their website, couldn't get to the product either by product # or year/make/model. They need some website help! They're in Sunnyvale, the heart of Silicon Valley, go figure....

·
Registered
1,331 Posts

·
Administrator
16,653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
That does appear to be the correct one, just try to make sure it is from the latest batch manufactured after February 12, 2014. Those are the ones that properly fit. Earlier ones by the same number are of a slightly smaller design. Alternatively here is the link directly to the manufacturer: Chevrolet Corvette C7 Stingray Windshield SunShade 2014

·
Registered
419 Posts
Just picked mine up today :D

Their office is local to my work so it saved me shipping costs although it probably didn't since I drove there in excitement.

·
Administrator
16,653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Just picked mine up today :D

Their office is local to my work so it saved me shipping costs although it probably didn't since I drove there in excitement.
Humm, no contest: shipping cost vs enthusiastic driving of C7 :rolleyes: :cool:

·
Registered
13 Posts
how does it stay up on its own without the visors? I just purchased a custom shade from the dealership and its useless. I believe the manufacture is intro-tech.

·
Administrator
16,653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
how does it stay up on its own without the visors? I just purchased a custom shade from the dealership and its useless. I believe the manufacture is intro-tech.
HeatShield's unit can be effectively held up with the 1 inch suction cups they are glad to provide with the shade when you order it.

Reactions: greggshere

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
HeatShield's unit can be effectively held up with the 1 inch suction cups they are glad to provide with the shade when you order it.
They sent me three and I only used one if someone needs one I can mail them one.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts