Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know there was a thread on this topic earlier this year, but now that we are in the heat of summer, I thought there may be better information and/ or updates out there by now.

The two windshield sunshades mentioned in that thread were from HEM High End Motorsports and the other was Heatshield.

Any opinions on which one is better? Or maybe a better one yet?:confused:

3LT.... Need one that will stay up all day without falling and setting off the motion alarm!:eek:

Thanks!

·
Administrator
16,496 Posts
Hi Mark. Actually they are one and the same as far as I know. I helped High End Motorsports refine the pattern for the C7 HeatShield. That is what I use in RedHot and it works extremely well. :cool:

Reactions: elegant

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
I bought this one as well. It actually fits the windshield really well, but it seems to need some support right in the middle up high. I'm thinking about putting some sort of small pillow in the car that I can stuff on the dash to support the middle better. It does fit very nice though.

·
Administrator
16,496 Posts
I bought this one as well. It actually fits the windshield really well, but it seems to need some support right in the middle up high. I'm thinking about putting some sort of small pillow in the car that I can stuff on the dash to support the middle better. It does fit very nice though.
Gregg, if you bought it from High End Motorsports describe the issue and ask them to send you a package of small suction cups that you could add to support the middle. I haven't needed that with mine, but do know when we were going through the refining of the template, on an earlier version they offered the suction cups as a fix.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey JS....
Thanks for that update (you too Greg). So JS, what you are saying is, that if I buy the one from HEM it won't have the suction cups and it will stay up ok? It is a redesigned version from the original?

If yours stays in place in 'Hot Vegas' then I guess it will be fine in the Sunshine state!:cool:

·
Administrator
16,496 Posts
There was none designed originally for the windshield of the C7. I worked with them to get it to fit properly; they had a close approximation but it was a bit shorter top to bottom and carried the same item number as the final version that came out I think around December 2013. It is branded HeatShield. Yes it stays up perfectly well in our 100+ temps of the desert :) but then again we don't have the humidity ;) that you have. :cool:

Reactions: Mark JD

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
Thanks for that information JSVETTE, I just sent them a contact explaining the issue, so we'll see how they respond. I really does fit nice, just the sag under that black box area.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks guys....
JS... would you prefer I order from HEM because you know them? Doesn't matter to me. I think HEM is 5 bucks less than Heat Shield directly.

I'll do what you like. Do I have to mention "the latest version" or are they all OK now?

·
Registered
111 Posts
I ordered one works good hasn't fallen down but does bow in the middle.

Sent from my iPhone using Corvette Stingray Forum

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I ordered one works good hasn't fallen down but does bow in the middle.

Yeah, but which one did you order and when? Was it the latest revised version that JS is referring to?

·
Administrator
16,496 Posts
Thanks guys....
JS... would you prefer I order from HEM because you know them? Doesn't matter to me. I think HEM is 5 bucks less than Heat Shield directly.

I'll do what you like. Do I have to mention "the latest version" or are they all OK now?
I would order from whomever has it at the best price. Any that you would order from HEM would be the latest version, as would probably HeatShield directly. Anyone else I couldn't voucher for.

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
Sylvie contacted me back and is sending me the suction cups free of charge. She asked how many I needed and I told her I didn't know, so to send three of them. That should be more than enough I would think. Very quick response! Also, I just got mine like 3 weeks ago, so I assume it is the latest and greatest version. It fits perfect, just the sag in the middle that the suction cups should resolve. Thanks for that info JSVETTE.

·
Registered
66 Posts
After researching options for sun screens and considering how much trouble it is to install each time I decided to have all 6 windows tinted. I had 70% gray ceramic installed on windshield and 55% gray on rest. It is amazing how much cooler the interior is car on a hot summer day. Both when driving and when entering a parked car after sitting in the sun. No more hot seats or steering wheel. 99% UV protection with the ceramic ( which is especially important for the leather dash ). My beautiful Cyber Gray C7 really looks sharp with the matching gray tint. All the sudden I am getting more coments about how it looks like a Bat Mobile ( which I really love ).

·
Registered
3,672 Posts
My beautiful Cyber Gray C7 really looks sharp with the matching gray tint. All the sudden I am getting more coments about how it looks like a Bat Mobile ( which I really love ).
Got any photos?

·
Registered
111 Posts
Yeah, but which one did you order and when? Was it the latest revised version that JS is referring to?
I don't know which one I ordered it about 2 weeks ago. So I am assuming it is the latest one. But you know what happens when you ass-u-me. ?

·
Administrator
16,496 Posts
Check state laws before tinting your front windshield

After researching options for sun screens and considering how much trouble it is to install each time I decided to have all 6 windows tinted. I had 70% gray ceramic installed on windshield and 55% gray on rest... .
If you are considering tinting your windshield be sure to check your state DMV laws. My guess is that using 70% film on the front windshield would not pass if pulled over. For example, 3M has a film called crystalline 90 that is dot legal for windshields. I believe DOT law for many states, indicates that you can apply a clear protective coating to your windshield as long as the total VLT "Visible light transmission" doesn't go below 70% VLT. Crystalline 90 is 90% VLT and most factory windshields are between 78% to 80% VLT. Together this would darken your windshield to 70% to 72% VLT. Crystalline 90 is the lightest film available but offers a higher heat rejection than most darker window films.

·
Registered
48 Posts
My Heatshield was awesome for a few days. Now it sags and doesn't make contact with the visors; therefore, nothing can hold it in place.

Heatshield Sag.jpg

·
Administrator
16,496 Posts
Suggest you contact the seller and ask for if they have a set of two or three small suction cups that can be attached to HeatShield up by the area with the mirror cut-out. Also, try and ensure the HeatShield is fully extended to both sides and not pushed too far down on the lower part of the windshield.

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
My Heatshield was awesome for a few days. Now it sags and doesn't make contact with the visors; therefore, nothing can hold it in place.
View attachment 8593
Send them a contact, and they will send you the suction cups and instructions. They sent me an email this morning that they were sending them out today free of charge.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Send them a contact, and they will send you the suction cups and instructions. They sent me an email this morning that they were sending them out today free of charge.
Thank you and jsvette for that info.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts