Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi!
My brand new C7 Stingray is arriving Tuesday! I'm having Michelin AS N3+ ZP all season tires put on the car. Before I drive it home in the light snow and put it in the garage.
I have a rather steep snow and partially ice covered driveway. Anyone in similar circumstances with these tires? Any comments to a new member (me) will be much appreciated. Thank you.

·
Administrator
15,882 Posts
Welcome to our forum F1fan and congrats on your new C7!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the welcome! It's nice to be able to join with fellow C7 Corvette owners. I'm a brand new member with my first C7. I sold my 06 06 A6 about a year ago. I'm afraid I may be a pest with all my questions. My first question: What 5 things are recommended to be learned before I drive the car? I'll have plenty of time. The top 5 things a rookie C7 owner needs to know? Appreciate any and all replies.

·
Administrator
15,882 Posts
Responses will be full ranging I'm sure. But here is one that you may already be aware of: there is an emergency mechanical release for the door on the floor near the front of the door sill on both the driver and passenger side, in the event that you are in the Vette and have no electrical power.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank's for the reply.My new C7 is at the dealer ready to drive to my storage area. We are in the deep freeze and the dealer needs the indoor storage. I'm waiting for a day that's sunny and above 35 degrees to drive the car. If the the roads are dry and with the ZP's installed, which setting should be used on the control knob? I may need to add power to merge and keep up with traffic. EZ does it, of course. Any other tips or advice? As a comment: Winter Sucks...

·
Administrator
15,882 Posts
Thank's for the reply.My new C7 is at the dealer ready to drive to my storage area. We are in the deep freeze and the dealer needs the indoor storage. I'm waiting for a day that's sunny and above 35 degrees to drive the car. If the the roads are dry and with the ZP's installed, which setting should be used on the control knob? I may need to add power to merge and keep up with traffic. EZ does it, of course. Any other tips or advice? As a comment: Winter Sucks...
Strongly suggest "weather mode" which will help ensure straight line driving going from your dealer to the storage area. Pay attention to the tac with the dynamic 'red line' which will keep you from taking the revs up too high while your engine and engine fluids are cold. As the engine warms up, it will move up to it correct position (after the initial 500 miles).

Reactions: Vigilance247

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Temps in the mid 40's here in PA this weekend. After a nice heavy rain Saturday to wash away all the road salt, had the Z51 out for a nice run all day Sunday. She's been out now at least 4 times in January. Sport setting for me 99% of the time.

Reactions: jsvette

·
Registered
404 Posts
I think one of the most important things, if your car is new, is the break-in procedure for the engine. I ordered my C7 from the factory, and took delivery with very few miles on it. Somewhere on these pages, someone had posted a procedure for seating piston rings. It sounded like a good idea to me, so I followed it. Now, with over 37k miles, my car has never used a bit of oil, and I feel like I have a purdy strong engine.

Other suggestions, in no particular order:
Buy a short (4") USB cable. With that, you can store your cell phone in the center console and access Maps and text messages, and a few select other apps on the infotainment screen, using either Android Auto or Apple Car Play, depending on your phone. This is a great way to avoid the distractions inherent while driving with a phone. The infotainment touch screen should be cleaned with a dry microfiber cloth, so it is good to keep one of those handy.

While I was waiting for my C7 to be built, I downloaded a Get to Know Guide, that gives you a lot of basic information in just a few pages. Also, I downloaded an owners manual pdf, and I keep one on my phone, just to always have it handy.

You can close your doors without leaving fingerprints by grabbing the metal loop at the rear of each door and with one finger, swing the door shut. Everyone will know you are a seasoned owner once you master that move.

My 2LT has power seats with a memory position, which allows easier ingress and egress. Basically, you set an exit position for the steering wheel and driver's seat to make it easier to climb in and out of the car.

If you have front cameras, you can use painter's tape to put a couple of "lane markers" on your garage floor, for more precision parking in your garage. In my case, I just made a blue rectangle to reserve the space while I was waiting for my car to arrive. (Unused spaces in my garage tend to fill in by themselves if you don't take precautions.)

Memorize your car's engine displacement both in liters and cubic inches and be prepared to recite horsepower numbers, for whenever someone asks.

After taking delivery of your car, there is a build sheet on the floor under the carpet close to your battery:
20180417_120059.jpg

Take a photo of this for future reference, as it contains your Corvette's DNA sequence, or something like that.

If you decide you want to put a trunk organizer in the back to keep items from sliding around so much, put down a rectangle of non-slip shelf liner to keep the trunk organizer from sliding around:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts