Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi!
My brand new C7 Stingray is arriving Tuesday! I'm having Michelin AS N3+ ZP all season tires put on the car. Before I drive it home in the light snow and put it in the garage.
I have a rather steep snow and partially ice covered driveway. Anyone in similar circumstances with these tires? Any comments to a new member (me) will be much appreciated. Thank you.

·
Administrator
15,260 Posts
Welcome to our forum F1fan and congrats on your new C7!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the welcome! It's nice to be able to join with fellow C7 Corvette owners. I'm a brand new member with my first C7. I sold my 06 06 A6 about a year ago. I'm afraid I may be a pest with all my questions. My first question: What 5 things are recommended to be learned before I drive the car? I'll have plenty of time. The top 5 things a rookie C7 owner needs to know? Appreciate any and all replies.

·
Administrator
15,260 Posts
Responses will be full ranging I'm sure. But here is one that you may already be aware of: there is an emergency mechanical release for the door on the floor near the front of the door sill on both the driver and passenger side, in the event that you are in the Vette and have no electrical power.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank's for the reply.My new C7 is at the dealer ready to drive to my storage area. We are in the deep freeze and the dealer needs the indoor storage. I'm waiting for a day that's sunny and above 35 degrees to drive the car. If the the roads are dry and with the ZP's installed, which setting should be used on the control knob? I may need to add power to merge and keep up with traffic. EZ does it, of course. Any other tips or advice? As a comment: Winter Sucks...

·
Administrator
15,260 Posts
Thank's for the reply.My new C7 is at the dealer ready to drive to my storage area. We are in the deep freeze and the dealer needs the indoor storage. I'm waiting for a day that's sunny and above 35 degrees to drive the car. If the the roads are dry and with the ZP's installed, which setting should be used on the control knob? I may need to add power to merge and keep up with traffic. EZ does it, of course. Any other tips or advice? As a comment: Winter Sucks...
Strongly suggest "weather mode" which will help ensure straight line driving going from your dealer to the storage area. Pay attention to the tac with the dynamic 'red line' which will keep you from taking the revs up too high while your engine and engine fluids are cold. As the engine warms up, it will move up to it correct position (after the initial 500 miles).

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
Temps in the mid 40's here in PA this weekend. After a nice heavy rain Saturday to wash away all the road salt, had the Z51 out for a nice run all day Sunday. She's been out now at least 4 times in January. Sport setting for me 99% of the time.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts